Windows 10: activate fn button permanently?

Discus and support activate fn button permanently? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new keyboard, which has different functions over the F1 to F12 keys, like the "play" key at F6. But to use them, I have to hold down the fn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TSoAShikamaru, Sep 11, 2020.

1. activate fn button permanently?

I bought a new keyboard, which has different functions over the F1 to F12 keys, like the "play" key at F6. But to use them, I have to hold down the fn key. However, there are situations, such as when playing games, where this can be very awkward. Is there a way that I can keep the fn key permanently active?

My computer: Windows 10 MSI Nightblade

My keyboard Razer Black Widow

I have tried many different shortcuts like fn + Num, fn + esc, etc. None of them work.

Thanks in advance <3

:)

TSoAShikamaru, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

activate fn button permanently?

1. activate fn button permanently? - Similar Threads - activate button permanently

2. Issues with Fn and media buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Fn and media buttons: I have a Zenbook 14 Duo and I just recently started to have problems with my laptop keyboard. It acts like it is on Fn lock but it isn't turned on. Only keys that work while pressing Fn is volume, brightness and screenshot. I also cannot use the buttons that disable certain...
  3. Issues with Fn and media buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Fn and media buttons: I have a Zenbook 14 Duo and I just recently started to have problems with my laptop keyboard. It acts like it is on Fn lock but it isn't turned on. Only keys that work while pressing Fn is volume, brightness and screenshot. I also cannot use the buttons that disable certain...
  4. FN button Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FN button Problems: My FN button on my keyboard is not pressed down, but my pc is responding to certain keys as if it is pressed down. i can’t type the letters U, I, H, J, K, N, and M, and in a game i play frequently, to open a menu you click FN and 2, but all i have to do now is click 2 and it...
  5. FN button Problems

FN button Problems: My FN button on my keyboard is not pressed down, but my pc is responding to certain keys as if it is pressed down. i can’t type the letters U, I, H, J, K, N, and M, and in a game i play frequently, to open a menu you click FN and 2, but all i have to do now is click 2 and it...
  6. the FN and ASDF buttons do not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the FN and ASDF buttons do not work: Good afternoon!Please help me!Laptop Z570 Laptop ideapad LENOVOthe fn button and the A S D F keys do not work.I tried to updatethe ps/2 keyboard driver. It helped for a while.Now it doesn't work at all...what else can I try?Sincerely yours!...
  7. the FN and ASDF buttons do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the FN and ASDF buttons do not work: Good afternoon!Please help me!Laptop Z570 Laptop ideapad LENOVOthe fn button and the A S D F keys do not work.I tried to updatethe ps/2 keyboard driver. It helped for a while.Now it doesn't work at all...what else can I try?Sincerely yours!...
  8. the FN and ASDF buttons do not work

9. FN keys broken - how to permanently disable fn secondary functionality?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FN keys broken - how to permanently disable fn secondary functionality?: I have a 2015 Lenovo Ideapad. The function keys (as well as arrow keys, the real killer here) are overloaded with functionality like screen brightness, volume, sleep, etc. Something is wrong with the FN key and it acts as though it is permanently depressed, making the f and...
  10. Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?: I need quite occasionally press keys on the top row of my keyboard like F2, F5, Print,.... To get them I always have to press additionally (just before) the <Fn> key. I want to avoid this. Is there a way to switch (forever) the meaning of Fn with Non-Fn keys? Only for the...