Windows 10: activate from Microsoft servers?

Discus and support activate from Microsoft servers? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so if a prebuilt computer that came with an OEM installation of Windows 10 (and a license key on a COA sticker) needs to have Windows 10 installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by i486, Oct 17, 2020.

1. i486 Win User

activate from Microsoft servers?

Hi, so if a prebuilt computer that came with an OEM installation of Windows 10 (and a license key on a COA sticker) needs to have Windows 10 installed from scratch, for example on a new system drive, does one still need to activate the new Windows installation with the same key, or do the Windows activation servers recognize the system's hardware from an "imprint" ?

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Oct 17, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. activate from Microsoft servers? - Similar Threads - activate Microsoft servers

2. windows activation server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows activation server: Please help me connect to the organization's activation server. It says: We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organization's server. Make sure that you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having...
  3. Microsoft Activation Servers have an invalid SSL

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Activation Servers have an invalid SSL: We are having issues with Windows activation due to the SSL certificate used by Microsoft activation servers having an invalid SSL.https://activation.sls.microsoft.com/The SSL has more than one common name. Due to this and that many of our clients are using SSL inspection...
  4. Windows Activation from home without a KMS Server

Windows Activation from home without a KMS Server: At work, we use a KMS server to activate windows for staff. Since the pandemic, they have been working from home but window devices are now requiring an activation key from the KMS server. Is there a way Windows can Activate from home without a KMS Server?...
  5. Block Activity being sent to Microsoft Servers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block Activity being sent to Microsoft Servers: Hello, I recently was going through my Microsoft Account and saw that it has history of all the apps/programs I've used. I've unticked this option in settings but yet my data is still sent to my Microsoft account. I do not want this activity saved to my account. How can...
  6. Activation Server

Activation Server: Hey, i have a windows 10 pro key but when i try to activate an error pops and it sais that it couldn't connect to organisation's activation server. what can i do to fix it? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...
  7. Microsoft activation servers down

Microsoft activation servers down: Hello, I have a legit windows Home edition version. I had a motherboard problem, fixed it, now I can't activate Windows. I keep going through the troubleshooter and select, Changed hardware on this device recently, but keep getting this stupid error message. I have also...
  8. Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service

Switch from orgsnisation KMS server to Microsoft Activation service: Dear Microsoft community, Is there a way to switch from the organisation KMS server to the official Microsoft activation service. Currently a PC is using a custom KMS server and I want to remove the key & the KMS server from that PC and enter a new key and activate using...
  9. Microsoft Activation Server Issue

Microsoft Activation Server Issue: Kindly let me know is the Microsoft Activation Server Issue is Fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-activation-server-issue/0a5fe1b4-0fd1-4c0b-be39-b85faba9fff7"
  10. Microsoft is having Activation Server issues right now

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is having Activation Server issues right now: Reports are coming in from all over the Internet that Windows 10 licenses get revoked on some systems currently and that activation is not available either at the time of writing. The most common issue that users and administrators experience right now is that the activation...