Windows 10: activate fsx

Discus and support activate fsx in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a new computer with windows 10 and now cannot activate fsx.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sonnylou, Sep 18, 2021.

1. sonnylou Win User

activate fsx

I bought a new computer with windows 10 and now cannot activate fsx.

:)

sonnylou, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Thagstrom Win User

FSX activation error

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

The first steps I would try are:

1) Locate the entry below by regedit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS

\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

2) Look at UpperFilters key. It should contain “PartMgr” only.

3) If the key shows something more, mark down what they are

before editing the key to read “PartMgr” only.

4) Start FSX, the activation dialog should be prompted.

5) Proceed and let FSX start, then exit FSX.

6) Edit back the registry key with the previous content. (This step may not be required.)

This info was found here:
    https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/fsx-a...

If that does not work then I would suggest to restart your computer and try again. If that does not work then I would suggest to uninstall and re-install completely.

Thagstrom, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Not active fsx

In my April 24th reply, I had asked you if you were able to take a flight in spite of having the Activation error come up? So could you attempt any flight to make sure that you have installed FSX properly? And try to fly for more than 30 minutes (you can
    use time compression if you are short of time).

If your FSX runs properly, I can give you a possible suggestion for the Activation error. But if FSX doesn't run, then you need to go through certain steps before you can do a re-install of it.

Chriso747, Sep 18, 2021
  4. activate fsx

FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

activate fsx

1. activate fsx - Similar Threads - activate fsx

2. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  3. Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Microsoft FSX Acceleration/Gold on new Windows 11 Home PC.: I was given a fix for this a few years ago but have forgotten it, of course. Can one of you chaps repeat for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-microsoft-fsx-accelerationgold/2d7f09d6-9d72-4acc-9811-7e149e811016
  4. Still unable to activate FSX premium edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still unable to activate FSX premium edition: I get the activation error code 1-80004005. I have tried running the resetsldl followed by running the repair installation. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Still unable to activate FSX premium edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still unable to activate FSX premium edition: I get the activation error code 1-80004005. I have tried running the resetsldl followed by running the repair installation. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Still unable to activate FSX premium edition

7. How can I activate FSX product over the phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate FSX product over the phone: I finally was able to successfully re install FSX deluxe onto my Windows 10 computer. Now I am having issues activating FSX and the Accelerator add. Can I simply activate the product over the phone?...
  8. How can I activate FSX product over the phone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I activate FSX product over the phone: I finally was able to successfully re install FSX deluxe onto my Windows 10 computer. Now I am having issues activating FSX and the Accelerator add. Can I simply activate the product over the phone?...
  9. How can I activate FSX product over the phone

10. I installed FSX 2020 and I activated it successfully. Then I installed FS Accelerator but...

I installed FSX 2020 and I activated it successfully. Then I installed FS Accelerator but...: I installed and activated FSX 2020 successfully. I tried to do the same for Flight Simulator ACCELERATION. It seemed to go up the end of installation but finally an error code. appear: 1-80004005What is the problem and I hope is the a solution?...