Windows 10: Activate Miracast on laptop

Discus and support Activate Miracast on laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bkelly, Dec 6, 2019.

1. bkelly Win User

Activate Miracast on laptop

Windows 10, just updated, HP Pavilion Laptop, Intel I5 CPU. TV is Sony XBR55X850C

Goal: Connect my laptop to the TV so I can display stuff on the TV. It is a UHD 4K TV.

Problem: I have visited multiple site with a search that includes “windows 10” and keep getting instructions to click things that do not exist or that just do not work. If you have a favorite site and instructions please post a link. Then maybe I can ask specific questions.

Example: Multiple sites instruct me to select: Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Connected Devices
    There is nothing with the characters “connected” in that display.

I found some things on this site about Mira Cast. The TV currently displaying the Miracast setup. I cannot get this laptop to go there. In the Devices display, noted above, it does show a field with this text:

Wireless displays & docks
    XBR-55X850C

That is the exact model of my TV. The only option presented is to delete. That is not what is wanted.
    What might I do now?
    Thank you for your time

:)

bkelly, Dec 6, 2019

2. Miracast Windows 10 dxDiag "not Available"

Let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer of Miracast. To contact the manufacturer, please follow the steps below:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Dec 6, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Anton Fan Win User

Miracast over Ethernet PC to Wi-Fi Laptop

I'm facing with the issue by 'Miracast over infrastructure' feature. I nave read a plenty of posts over the Internet enabling integrated graphics and updating every driver related to this feature.

The idea is to share laptop display as secondary display for PC. Here is the infrastructure for connection:

PC (Miracast Source) - Gigabit LAN - Router Asus RT-AC68U - 5GHz WLAN - Laptop Asus UX501VW (Miracast Sink).

The laptop is Miracast ready so there is no need to display the specs at this step.

Turning to my self-built PC it's "This device doesn't support receiving miracast" in "Projecting to this PC" tab.

The specs of my PC are:

• GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 (driver 398.36) and specially enabled Intel HD Graphics 530
      (driver 23.20.16.4973);
    • Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with onboard LAN;
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K;
    • Windows 10 Pro 1803 (17134.137 build).
    The DXDIAG report shows that PC is Miracast-ready in general, but:

1. Nvidia GTX 1080 stands for [Miracast: Not Supported]
    2. Intel HD Graphics 530 stands for [Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver].
    What is basically true as well as there is no WLAN card in my PC box in general. So there is a question about the steps to allow the wired network work with Miracast feature by configuring PC/router, because there is only some technical stuff about 'Miracast
    over infrastructure' like
    this

Speaking about requirements stated there:

• [+] Device is running Windows 1803;
    • [+] Both PC and laptop are connected to same network stated as Private;
    • [?] The device must have a Wi-Fi interface enabled in order to respond to discovery requests -
      What shall I do with my Ethernet connection to respond to discovery requests?
    Both PC and laptop are visible for each other in Network tab in File manager, so there are several folders under network share from PC to laptop using smb protocol.

So basically, is it technically possible to enable the 'Miracast over infrastructure' with this hardware, or there is a strong need to buy the WLAN card inside my PC box to allow the respond to discovery requests and
    the is no way to work for Miracast over wired connections?

Anton Fan, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Activate Miracast on laptop - Similar Threads - Activate Miracast laptop

2. Miracast between laptop and PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast between laptop and PC not working: Hi there.I've been trying to connect my laptop to my PC to serve as a kind of extra monitor through miracast but my PC cannot find my laptop in the connect screen.I have both a wifi and bluetooth adaptater on my PC and have checked that both devices have miracast...
  3. MIRACAST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIRACAST: AFTER UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 10 TO 11 MIRACAST QUIT WORKING ON BOTH MY LAPTOP AND DESKTOP, I AM NOT ABLE TO CAST TO MY TVS . ANY IDEAS HOW TO FIX IT ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast/d1274ad3-68fc-412a-b9c5-3f36913c1624
  4. miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast: hihow fix Miracast: Available, no HDCP in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast/910de23d-ec05-414d-8d1e-ee2ad4e47bbe
  5. Active Miracast on Lock Screen with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Miracast on Lock Screen with Windows 10: Hi Is it possible to project to a computer with Miracast capabilities when it is on the initial "lock screen" on the reception screen? We don't want our users to have to sign in every single time on the reception screen in order to use Miracast. Thank you in advance for...
  6. Miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast: My laptop runs Windows 10, but I have a NVidia GPU which doesn't support Miracast or any wireless display technology. Is it possible to plug in an adapter/dongle in my laptop to make it Miracast compatible. Do you recommend one?...
  7. Miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast: After the last upgrade I cannot project my PC on TV miracast. Both devices say they are connected but the screen of the TV is black and the sound comes from the PC. No problem when connecting other devices to the same TV....
  8. Miracast

Miracast: I need to know the current draw required or the Miracast dongle. I cannot find any spec for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast/a29d7b0b-e3c4-41bb-b570-ffe06851fa66
  9. miracast

miracast: I have an Hp System Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC BIOS: F.46 (type: UEFI) Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 7364MB RAM Page File: 3881MB used, 4634MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows...
  10. Miracast not working on AMD laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast not working on AMD laptop: I am using an HP AMD Pavilion g6 laptop (kill me now) and I am trying to wirelessly cast my screen to my Samsung 6 Series TV. The TV supports WiFi Direct. When I press WinKey + K and select my TV, it says "Connecting" and then "Disconnecting" followed by a few screen flashes....