Windows 10: Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?

Discus and support Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home has been recently stolen. I am going to build a new machine and my question is related to Windows 10. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HugoRussell, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?

My laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home has been recently stolen. I am going to build a new machine and my question is related to Windows 10. Can I transfer the license from that laptop to a new machine? I really hope that it is possible.

:)

HugoRussell, Dec 27, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Deregister Windows 10 on stolen PC?

Another MS Rep that has no idea what they are talking about.... I have a couple of computers that were originally activated with the same product key - activating the second computer has no affect on the previously activated computer.

NavyLCDR, Dec 27, 2018
  3. gaitski Win User

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today, and they advised me to activate the product key on my new PC which will deactivate the license on the stolen one. I asked if they could deactivate the stolen key right now, but they said they cannot.

gaitski, Dec 27, 2018
  4. debsawyer Win User

Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?

Sounds like a plan.

debsawyer, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?

1. Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one? - Similar Threads - Activate computer using

2. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen computer: Split from this thread.I had a device stolen from me and the ones who have this are remote porting into my private phone and I can't seem to figure out where they have done this.I am a victim of a serious crime that some groups of these oeople have tried to hide themselves to...
  3. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen computer: Split from this thread.I had a device stolen from me and the ones who have this are remote porting into my private phone and I can't seem to figure out where they have done this.I am a victim of a serious crime that some groups of these oeople have tried to hide themselves to...
  4. Using the license form an old laptop on a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using the license form an old laptop on a new one: I have an old laptop with windows pro that doesn't work anymore, and I wonder if it's possible to use that license instead of the Windows Single Language installed in my new laptop. The hard disk from the old laptop is still working and even I managed to obtain the windows...
  5. Uninstall Retail Activation Key from a computer to use in a new one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstall Retail Activation Key from a computer to use in a new one?: Hi everyone, I’m on the fence about getting Windows 10 and I would like for know the following: If I activate my Windows 10 Retail Key with one computer and the hard drive breaks, how is the key transferable to a new computer? Similarly if I format my computer (to sell/give...
  6. Stolen computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen computer: My computer was stolen i need help protecting my information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-computer/975d2547-489a-43e7-b9bd-0722de095797
  7. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen computer: requested Microsoft to find my computer stolen on 10 - 10 - 2020. I aso requested MS to find my current computer which I am using. The found report came back with a location in Germiston Gauteng South Africa - FOR BOTH COMPUTERS. This is not even my own current address....
  8. Stolen computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen computer: So long story short, lend my laptop to my ex and now she refuses to give it back. Sadly I live in another city as hers and can't get her to give it back. I can track the location from the laptop but can't lock it as it is a windows 10 home package. Any suggestions on how to...
  9. How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?: My computer died. I got a new motherboard and cpu, downloaded and installed win10pro. When I tried to activate using my win7pro upgrade product key, it didn't activate. Tried logging into my Microsoft account, that didn't work either. How can I get this activated?...
  10. Activation of windows 10 on new computer by Digital License

Activation of windows 10 on new computer by Digital License: Hello, I just build a new pc with windows 10 home(not activate yet) and trying to transfer windows 10 pro from my old pc by digital license method, however when I use the problem solving function to activate it, it said that the version do not match and not usable, what...