Windows 10: Activate task scheduler based on open application?

Discus and support Activate task scheduler based on open application? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, I was wondering if it would be possible for task scheduler to perform the following since I wasn't able to find my answer anywhere else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notreal3212, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Activate task scheduler based on open application?

Hi All,

I was wondering if it would be possible for task scheduler to perform the following since I wasn't able to find my answer anywhere else.

1. Search for open/running application
    2. If specific application is open, trigger copy files from directory into specific directory.
    3. Run copy/overwrite every 15/30 minutes
    4. Stop when application is closed

For example, I'm trying to back up my game save and I would like task scheduler to only activate when the specified game is open to trigger the backup event.

Most of the selections in task scheduler don't include specific application criterias based on what I've tested.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/notreal3212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notreal3212, Jul 27, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Activate task scheduler based on open application?

Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

disherabcd, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Activate task scheduler based on open application?

1. Activate task scheduler based on open application? - Similar Threads - Activate task scheduler

2. Scheduling task based on device plug in USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduling task based on device plug in USB: I am looking for a trigger service or log that is generated automatically one a device old or new it plugs to the PC - the goal is to start a script that notices this event and starts the script automatically.due to limited resources , I cant install watchdog or any services...
  3. Scheduling task based on device plug in USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling task based on device plug in USB: I am looking for a trigger service or log that is generated automatically one a device old or new it plugs to the PC - the goal is to start a script that notices this event and starts the script automatically.due to limited resources , I cant install watchdog or any services...
  4. Scheduling task based on device plug in USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler - Opening an Application Minimized: I'd like to use the Task Scheduler to open an application minimized. It seems this question has not been answered with a solution that can be accomplished using the interface. I have a simple solution and will post it but first I'd like to hear from the community....
  6. Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt

Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt: Hello.... I am having a strange issue. I have a small program that I use to sync my computers. In order to run this program automatically overnight, I set up a task in Windows Task Scheduler. I have a task setup to shutdown any programs that may prevent files from syncing and...
  7. Task Scheduler notice upon opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler notice upon opening: Hi I have seen this Task Scheduler notice upon launching it, have not really been looking at it in the past. The two images show the notice as it appears upon launching Task Scheduler; and the file path where I found it. I didn't really understand the advice someone gave in a...
  8. task scheduler: wrong activation time

task scheduler: wrong activation time: task scheduler:Action with the trigger set to log in any user activates only the moment when the laptop is connected to the power source. The action activates with the highest level of authorisation. (this is my own action). program which i set as task scheduler action(.bat...
  9. Task Scheduler is not activated?

Task Scheduler is not activated?: Hey there, im basically trying to do a new update on my pc. But whenever i tried it says Task Scheduler services are not active i tried to solve this problem using YouTube but it still dont works. When someone can contact me to help me trying to fix this issues this should...
  10. Errors by opening Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors by opening Task Scheduler: Hello. When I open the Task Scheduler, I get many error messages, which mostly resemble to "Task Name: The task object version is either unsupported or invalid" along with a few "The selected task 'Name' no longer exists. To see current task, click Refresh". One thing...