Windows 10: Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Discus and support Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nguyen2510, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new motherboard?"Thank you.

:)

Nguyen2510, Mar 5, 2024

2. Dell Laptop OEM license missing after motherboard replacement

After Dell replace the laptop motherboard the oem license key is missing in the bios

Dell refuse to help and said if windows is activated then it is good enough

I'm having problem getting the enterprise kms license activated

is there a correlation with the missing OEM keys?

as far as i understand KMS license elevate from OEM license, is this still the case for windows 10?

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard 4cca86f9-0958-4418-9810-d144f0b5f8e1?upload=true.jpg

Issue resolved

not sure how to close this. see below for answer

Chris Khan, Mar 5, 2024
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Activation after replaceing motherboard

The OEM license is restricted to the original device the license was registered to. This is defined for activation purposes to be the motherboard.

Replacing the motherboard will invalidate the currently installed license and require reactivation which will fail because it is a new device.

Some users have reported calling Microsoft in these circumstances has led to the license being reactivated but under the terms of the EULA you will need to buy a new license.

HairyFool, Mar 5, 2024
  4. rwb1012 Win User

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Dell Laptop OEM license missing after motherboard replacement

Great news.

Someone at Dell must have pressed the wrong button. Dell's policy is to look up the serial number of the returned computer and apply the same license. This can cause problems for used computers or upgraded computers.

rwb1012, Mar 5, 2024
Thema:

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

1. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard - Similar Threads - Activate OEM Sticker

2. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  3. Lost activation after replacing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost activation after replacing motherboard.: I know this has been asked much, and I followed all methods suggested but nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation. It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  4. Lost activation after replacing motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost activation after replacing motherboard.: I know this has been asked much, and I followed all methods suggested but nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation. It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  5. Oem windows on replaced motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Oem windows on replaced motherboard: Hi, so i have a dell xps 15 9560 whose motherboard is on the verge of dying, the graphics card fried year ago but it was still running through the onboard intel graphics somehow, and it is now too about to die off. My question is that if i get the motherboard replaced at a...
  6. Motherboard upgrade and OEM License

Motherboard upgrade and OEM License: I plan on upgrading my motherboard but worried that I have to buy Windows 10 again due to my license being an OEM. Is there a way to transfer that license to a new motherboard?...
  7. Windows Activation After motherboard replacement

Windows Activation After motherboard replacement: Good day After replacing my pc's motherboard I cannot activate windows anymore. Before the replacement it was working 100%, now all I get is errors. After troubleshooting > I changed hardware on this device I cannot find any other devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  8. Windows activation after motherboard replacement

Windows activation after motherboard replacement: I have a legitimate Windows licence. Some days ago I had to replace a motherboard and a processor. Now my Windows is in the status "Not activated." Please help me activate my Windows...
  9. OEM motherboard license question

OEM motherboard license question: Hello, so I originally bought this computer with a OEM windows license attached to the motherboard. A couple months ago i removed my solid state drive and hard drive from the pc to let my nephew use it for a couple of months. Keep in mind I never deleted/formatted my drives...
  10. activating windows after motherboard replacement

activating windows after motherboard replacement: Hello, I bought somewhere in the beginning of this year a new windows 10 license, digitally through the windows store, to install it on my new computer, 2 weeks ago my motherboard broke down and needed to be replaced. Now I am unable to activate it with the new motherboard....