Windows 10: Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar - For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11

Discus and support Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar - For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11 Right click on taskbar and select Toolbars>>New Toolbar Now enter the location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PCguy65, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar - For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11

Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar

For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11

Right click on taskbar and select Toolbars>>New Toolbar

Now enter the location provided below into the TOP address bar and press enter

Quick Launch Folder Location:

C:\Users\*YOUR USER NAME*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

or

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Now you see the Quick Launch folder. Click on it ONCE to highlight and select it and then click on the "Select Folder" on the bottom of the window.

Now you have the Quick Launch Toolbar below your Pinned Icons on the Taskbar.

NOTE: If you only want those 2 Icons (Show Desktop & Switch Between Windows/Task View) on taskbar, you can move all the other items from the Quick Launch Folder, back one folder, into the Internet Explorer Folder.

You can also add Program shortcuts into Quick Launch folder and you can drag icons into the QL toolbar and organize them by dragging them left and right.

You can also just create shortcuts for these 2 icons from their QL folder location and then place those shortcuts pretty much anywhere you want them.

To make it look like it would in Older Windows OS's:

Right click the taskbar, uncheck “Lock the Taskbar” (Unlock It)

Then right click on the "divider line" to the left of the QL Icons on Taskbar and uncheck (Disable) “Show Title” and “Show Text”

Then right click the "divider line" again to the left of the QL Icons and Select "VIEW" and check “Show Small or Large Icons”

Right click the taskbar, check “Lock the Taskbar” (Lock It)

Photos:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlU50zW1gkDXgcwOdGp-GoZYVJlLIA?e=pabuWS

submitted by /u/PCguy65
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PCguy65, Jul 2, 2021

2. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

SYMPTOMS:

When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars,
    Quick Launch
    is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar.

MORE INFORMATION:

Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and 8.1 can. However, there is no practical reason to enable Quick Launch as a toolbar on the taskbar. The Quick Launch toolbar was useful on Windows 98 and up to Windows Vista
    for quickly launching applications from there.

PilotRain942054, Jul 2, 2021
  3. LDSR Win User
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the
    Quick Launch toolbar nearly impossible to use. This behavior is usually associated with desktop shortcuts being rearranged on the desktop. Anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening and how to fix it? I have a brand new 2020 Dell laptop with Windows

LDSR, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar - For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11

Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Hi,

In the Quick Launch toolbar, you can add or remove shortcuts so that you have easy access to items you frequently use from the Quick Launch Toolbar. To move the Quick Launch toolbar to the left side of the task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Unlock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Click and hold on the dotted separator line at the left of the Quick Launch toolbar and drag it to the left.
    • When you are finished, lock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and check
      Lock all taskbars.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar - For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11

1. Activate The Quick Launch Toolbar - For Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11 - Similar Threads - Activate Quick Launch

2. Windows Vista / 7 Theme on 8, 10, 10x, and 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista / 7 Theme on 8, 10, 10x, and 11.: So, this stuff happens randomly.. No idea why it happens, but this user has Windows 10 and the vista theme / 7 theme is loaded in for 3 seconds.. Now, I have Windows 11 Home, and this is what I get for 5 seconds:From what I know, Microsoft needs to update they're stuff....
  3. Windows Vista / 7 Theme on 8, 10, 10x, and 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista / 7 Theme on 8, 10, 10x, and 11.: So, this stuff happens randomly.. No idea why it happens, but this user has Windows 10 and the vista theme / 7 theme is loaded in for 3 seconds.. Now, I have Windows 11 Home, and this is what I get for 5 seconds:From what I know, Microsoft needs to update they're stuff....
  4. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  5. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  6. Can't add Toolbar with Quick Launch in Windows 10 Enterprise

Can't add Toolbar with Quick Launch in Windows 10 Enterprise: I've been using Quick Launch for years and adding it to my taskbar with ease since it was phased out of Windows. The problem I'm having is that when I right click on the taskbar, the options for adding toolbars don't even show up. Is this something I/T has to address or am I...
  7. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  8. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  9. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...