Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had to change my mainboard and now I can't activate Windows 10 Pro. In my Microsoft Account I see the old pc (activated) and the new one (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanielSuter2, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change

I had to change my mainboard and now I can't activate Windows 10 Pro. In my Microsoft Account I see the old pc (activated) and the new one (not activated). I already pressed trouble shooting but I could not fix the problem, because on the broken mainboard I used a Windows 10 Pro N. On the new mainboard I use Windows 10 Pro. The license is the same. I don't want to install Windows 10 Pro N again, because it causes problem with other software.

:)

DanielSuter2, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Chillboy9 Win User

Activation after Mainboard Change

Hello everybody,

I have the problem that after a mainboard change my formerly activated windows 10 pro is no longer activated. in the settings / activation area it simply tells me I do not have a valid licence key. The troubleshooter tells me it just cannot activate I shall
    contact the system admin.

I upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 8 for free when there was the offer back then. so I never bought win10 pro but as I sad I got it as a gift (thanks!) but now they took the gift away ("thanks"!).

Question now: Is there any way to reactivate my windows copy ? its pretty harsh to punish me for a mainboard change by takin away my licence that I formerly owned (when I get a gift its my property then, right?)

Thanks in advance!

Chillboy9, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Chillboy9 Win User
    Activation after Mainboard Change

Hey Dave,

thanks for your in depth response!

When I click the "Troubleshoot" link in the action area a popup window opens that says "Windows Activation - Detecting activation problems..." (swirling loading icon). After few seconds it shows "Troubleshoot has completed - Make sure you're connected to
    the internets - if so contact your sysadmin" (shortened). There is no I changed hardware on this device recently or sign in to my windows account or anything. I think I didn't link my windows copy to my Microsoft account before the mainboard
    change, at least i cannot remember doing so.

I'll try to contact customer support now, thanks for the link man!

Cheers

Chillboy9, Feb 3, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change

1. Activate Windows 10 after mainboard change - Similar Threads - Activate mainboard change

2. Cant activate Win10 after mainboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate Win10 after mainboard change: Hello,My mainboard crashed and I replaced it with a new one.Now my product key reactivation windows 10 is not working.The key is not linked to any MS account.The help site tips were not working as well.I am out of ideas....
  3. Cant activate Win10 after mainboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant activate Win10 after mainboard change: Hello,My mainboard crashed and I replaced it with a new one.Now my product key reactivation windows 10 is not working.The key is not linked to any MS account.The help site tips were not working as well.I am out of ideas....
  4. Cant activate Win10 after mainboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant activate Win10 after mainboard change: Hello,My mainboard crashed and I replaced it with a new one.Now my product key reactivation is not working.The key is not linked to any MS account.The help site tips were not working as well.I am out of ideas....
  5. Windows 10 Reactivation after Mainboard and CPU Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reactivation after Mainboard and CPU Change: Hello dear Madams and Sirs, I would like to change the CPU and Mainboard of my PC, and I wanted to ask if I could run into any problems reactivating Windows 10. I currently have a retail license of Windows 10 installed on my PC, which I obtained by upgrading Windows 8/8.1...
  6. Windows 10 restoring after mainboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 restoring after mainboard change: Hi All, I've bought a refurbished laptop wit corresponding Windows reseller license. Due to malfunction I had to have the mainboard replaced. Windows 10 stopped working since then. I tried with bootable usb flash plus a Windows ISO file from another flash drive but I keep...
  7. Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change

Unable to reactivate Windows 10 after a mainboard change: A few days ago I damaged my mainboard with a BIOS update. I bought the same model again today and naturally Windows saw this as a hardware change and prompted me to reactivate Windows 10. This worked fine the last time in Summer 2018 when I upgraded my PCs components, but not...
  8. activation fails after mainboard swap

activation fails after mainboard swap: Hi I have recently had a mainboard failure. I swapped the board out and at the same time reinstalled Win 10 and now it will not accept my Win 10 Key what can I do ?...
  9. I cannot activate Windows 10 after a mainboard change

I cannot activate Windows 10 after a mainboard change: Hi, I went through this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change before changing my mainboard. On the activation page in settings I had the following line: Windows is activated with a digital license linked to...
  10. Activation of an OEM version after changing the mainboard.

Activation of an OEM version after changing the mainboard.: On another forum (in Chinese), a member said that his OEM version of Windows 10 had been activated after the mainboard was changed. A screenshot of that was shown there. And he had not used this method: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation...