Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought this HP notebook on ebay and it is running Windows 10 Enterprise but it asks me to activate this OS. It has a product key and product ID but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Héctor Hoz, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay

I bought this HP notebook on ebay and it is running Windows 10 Enterprise but it asks me to activate this OS.

It has a product key and product ID but it asks me to connect to the network company I think that´s the original owner of this computer but of course I don´t have access to this company network since I bought from ebay.

My question is if I can activate this copy of Windows 10 Enterprise by contacting Windows or Microsoft support agents or in any other way to activate my copy of Windows.

I think this computer was reset and lost it access information to this network.

I dont pretend to access any network this computer was linked ever, I just want to activate my Windows copy and work with my laptop because I can´t even personalize my PC if Windows is not activated.

If any body know, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Héctor Hoz, Oct 17, 2020

2. License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay

Hi all,

I bought a 'opened but never used' laptop on ebay, advertised as having genuine windows 10 pro.

After about a couple of months use at home I started getting the license will expire message. The option I have is to change product key and its saying its activated using your organisations activation service.

There was no product key sticker on box or laptop and was not supplied in any form to me. I just started using laptop assuming all is set up and correct.

I messaged user on ebay and they are suggesting i buy a key off another ebay user - for a couple of quid - which sounds very fishy.

Is the problem fixable or have I bought a dud?

Thanks

Brian.Atkinson, Oct 17, 2020
  3. meijereh Win User
    windows 10 enterprise updates not installing on private laptop

I bought a HP laptop via the internet and it came with windows 10 enterprise (no idea why) The problem with enterprise is that it will not install any updates, it keeps telling me to contact the system manager. If there is a solution for that I can keep the enterprise version. Any suggestions?
    Otherwise I would like to downgrade to Windows 10 professional or home. What are the options for that?

meijereh, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay

Which Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7 for Enterprise Laptop (bought used)?

My current personal laptop has Windows 7 for Enterprise; I bought the laptop used, and bought a separate Windows 7 for Enterprise license key to ensure the installed Win7 for Enterprise remained activated. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10, but since
    I am running Win7 for Enterprise, I'm not eligible for the free upgrade.

A few questions:

1) I have a free upgrade for another Win7 machine I own, but will likely not upgrade that other machine. May I legally use that upgrade key on the Win7 for Enterprise laptop? If so, to what version will I be upgraded?

2) If I need to purchase Win10 to upgrade my laptop, may I use Win10 Pro or does it have to also be an Enterprise edition?

Thanks. {Jonathan}

ProfJonathan, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay

1. Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay - Similar Threads - Activate Enterprise laptop

2. i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...: i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant connect to its server. How do i change it? can i buy a key to change to windows 11 pro or equivate?there is no product key under the laptop...
  3. i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant...: i bought a 2nd hand laptop with windows enterprise and i cant activate because it cant connect to its server. How do i change it? can i buy a key to change to windows 11 pro or equivate?there is no product key under the laptop...
  4. I bought windows 10 enterprise of eBay because I simply don’t have the money to buy it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought windows 10 enterprise of eBay because I simply don’t have the money to buy it...: I’m just generally worried that my info can be spied and stolen or my pc can be controlled I bought it for 2 pounds and a code was emailed to me and it worked, was advertised as windows 10 pro but when activated changed to entreprise, I know enterprise is a company edition...
  5. I bought windows 10 enterprise of eBay because I simply don’t have the money to buy it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought windows 10 enterprise of eBay because I simply don’t have the money to buy it...: I’m just generally worried that my info can be spied and stolen or my pc can be controlled I bought it for 2 pounds and a code was emailed to me and it worked, was advertised as windows 10 pro but when activated changed to entreprise, I know enterprise is a company edition...
  6. I bought windows 10 enterprise of eBay because I simply don’t have the money to buy it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I bought windows 10 from ebay but it's volume code is it a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I bought windows 10 from ebay but it's volume code is it a problem: I didnt know there was such think submitted by /u/ZeroVikingYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb6xwe/i_bought_windows_10_from_ebay_but_its_volume_code/
  8. Ebay classifieds laptop bought without Windows activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ebay classifieds laptop bought without Windows activation?: Good day I just wanted to check in with you guys. Last Wednesday I had bought an acer laptop with Windows 10 on eBay classifieds This one was not reset and so I reset it to factory settings Since then I get the message that my Windows is not activated and I had...
  9. Bought windows 10 home but it installed enterprise not activated?

Bought windows 10 home but it installed enterprise not activated?: I recentley purchased windows 10 home from microsoft and when i downloaded the installation media onto a flash drive and ran it on my pc, it installed a non activated version of windows enterprise. Ive trued completley wiping the system and resetting the pc and downloading...
  10. License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay

License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay: Hi all, I bought a 'opened but never used' laptop on ebay, advertised as having genuine windows 10 pro. After about a couple of months use at home I started getting the license will expire message. The option I have is to change product key and its saying its activated...