Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD.

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I just added an SSD to my PC and I've done a fresh Windows 10 installation, but am confused as to how I activate the installation. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jfirusta, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Jfirusta Win User

Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD.

Hello all, I just added an SSD to my PC and I've done a fresh Windows 10 installation, but am confused as to how I activate the installation. I have a digital license, do I just transfer that to the fresh installation? If so, how? Thank you.

:)

Jfirusta, Nov 9, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fresh install on new SSD

Hello Guys, I have a little problem with this automatic activation thing after adding a new SSD card to My Desktop, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 . So I do have a couple of questions. But before going to the questions I wanted to phrase
    step by step what I did, so you have a good feel of what is going on here.

The first thing to know is that before the lunch of Windows 10 I had a laptop and a desktop running windows 7. and as soon as Windows 10 came out I upgraded both of them with no problems. After the upgrade were successful I decided to install a fresh version
    of Windows 10 on each, which worked flawlessly with no issues on activation. I'm logged in both of my devices with the same Microsoft account.

Then I decided to upgrade my laptop with a new SSD Drive, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 and had no problems.

After that I decided to do the same for my desktop, and I upgraded it with a new SSD drive, which I just added, I didn't remove any of my old drives. I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 on that SSD . I was happily using my desktop when I saw
    a message on the down right corner of my display saying That I needed to activate Windows. So I opened to activation window found in Settings and I saw a heart breaking message in red letters saying "We can't activate Windows 10 on this device because you
    don't have a valid digital license or product key. Go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error Code: 0x803f7001"

I went through the "Troubleshoot" screen which seamed to be looking for Activation problems, but I came with the same kind of message saying that the only way to activate windows is by going to the store and purchase the software.

Below that screen I saw a link saying "I change hardware on this device recently", I though this is going to solve my problem! But I got the same kind of massage, no possible to activate Windows. I saw the link See
    other devices linked to your Microsoft account
    and I click on that and I can only see my laptop listed. So I decided to try and see if I can logging my Microsoft account on a browser, Which I kind of knew was there but I had never logged in for any reason,
    so I didn't know what to expect. and There I found not two, but three devices listed! One of them my laptop, and two desktops with different names, but the same Mother Board model. I checked and confirmed that one of them was in fact the one whit the SSD card
    that I was using and having problems with, so I decided to boot with the old hard drive and see the computer name, and in fact is the other one listed.

I know for sure that the Windows 10 on the old hard drive is activated, because I always kept it updated and had not a single sing that wasn't.

My questions are:

Do I have to wait longer to get it activate?

Why on the windows settings I see only my laptop listed (this is on the desktop settings) and not the other two devices that are listed in my Microsoft account?

Please help me guys! I got couple of more computers from family that I maintain and I order a couple of SSD for upgrading them too. I don't want to have any issues with those.

JuanDechia, Nov 9, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Activate Windows 10 fresh installation on new SSD. - Similar Threads - Activate fresh installation

2. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.: Hello!I have wanted to move my boot drive from a SATA SSD to a new M.2 NVME SSD I got for my custom desktop, and I've been unable to successfully boot Windows from that drive after installing windows 10 pro onto the new drive. I've successfully done the following:- I've...
  3. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.: Hello!I have wanted to move my boot drive from a SATA SSD to a new M.2 NVME SSD I got for my custom desktop, and I've been unable to successfully boot Windows from that drive after installing windows 10 pro onto the new drive. I've successfully done the following:- I've...
  4. Fresh Windows 10 Install on new PCIe SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  6. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  7. Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd

Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd: I would like to get an ssd to house my OS and keep my large files and games on my current hdd. Instead of cloning the hdd, as it would be larger than the ssd. I would like to just install windows on the new drive but then does having two drives with windows installed conflict...
  8. Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM fresh install on SSD (new drive): hi, i need help on windows 10 OEM installation. So i bought SSD and want to install it on my laptop. i have the Windows 10 Home single language OEM key installed. the question is how can i install windows on the SSD with oem key? do i need the Windwos 10 Home Single language...
  9. Did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new SSD, no activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new SSD, no activation: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8, and I no longer have the key for 7. From Windows 8.1 I upgraded to 10. Recently got an SSD, wanted to do a fresh install on it. Used media creation tool to make a USB copy. Booted from USB, formatted old hard drive, and loaded Windows onto new...
  10. Is it recommended to fresh install Windows 10 for a new SSD?

Is it recommended to fresh install Windows 10 for a new SSD?: Hi so for Christmas I had gotten a Crucial 525GB SSD drive and I'm happy about it. But I heard somewhere that its recommend to Install windows freshly on a new SSD rather than transfer your old info to it. Should I just install Windows 10 on my new SSD since I don't have too...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 on fresh new ssd