Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have bought my new notebook a few weeks ago with an OEM Windows 10 Home version. As the machine came with Ubuntu Linux preinstalled and I had some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by perriert, Dec 31, 2018.

1. perriert Win User

Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest

I have bought my new notebook a few weeks ago with an OEM Windows 10 Home version. As the machine came with Ubuntu Linux preinstalled and I had some free time near holidays I thougt why not give Linux a shot? I was playing around while I had to do some urgent work (on Windows OS) for one of my partners so I installed virtualbox and installed the windows 10 I bought for my laptop as a guest.

After a few weeks I realized that I can't fully work in linux because I have several dependencies to Windows. (Btw my biggest problem was the lack of a proper multi display support on Ubuntu.) So I have removed Ubuntu and installed Windows10 on the SSD of the physical machine this time. I thought that it's the same hardware but Windows thinks differently: it doesn't let me to activate and throws an error code: 0xC004C008

I have tried to activate by telephone (2 times) but answering to the questions of the bot always ended with the solution to buy an other licence from the store. I don't want to accept that I have an OEM licence for Windows 10 Home and I cannot use it anymore because I accidentally activated it earlier in a virtual machine. How can I go through the automatic telephone system?

:)

perriert, Dec 31, 2018
  2. perriert Win User

Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest

I have bought my new notebook a few weeks ago with an OEM Windows 10 Home version. As the machine came with Ubuntu Linux preinstalled and I had some free time near holidays I thougt why not give Linux a shot? I was playing around while I had to do some urgent
    work (on Windows OS) for one of my partners so I installed virtualbox and installed the windows 10 I bought for my laptop as a guest.

After a few weeks I realized that I can't fully work in linux because I have several dependencies to Windows. (Btw my biggest problem was the lack of a proper multi display support on Ubuntu.) So I have removed Ubuntu and installed Windows10 on the SSD of
    the physical machine this time. I thought that it's the same hardware but Windows thinks differently: it doesn't let me to activate and throws an error code:
    0xC004C008

I have tried to activate by telephone (2 times) but answering to the questions of the bot always ended with the solution to buy an other licence from the store.
    I don't want to accept that I have an OEM licence for Windows 10 Home and I cannot use it anymore because I accidentally activated it earlier in a virtual machine. How can I go through the automatic telephone system?

Update:

I was able to activate my OEM Windows 10 on the physical machine again by automatic phone activation. (Start 'SLUI 4')

perriert, Jan 10, 2020
  3. toolman59 Win User
    How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox

I have updated my OS to Windows 10 which has been activated during the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.

I have added Windows 10 as a guest in Virtualbox, how do I validate the Windows 10 guest?

toolman59, Jan 10, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest - Similar Threads - Activate installed notebook

2. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  3. How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]VirtualBox developed by Oracle is a powerful type-2 Hypervisor x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. In this post, we will show you how to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Windows 11/10. For a better experience, you must...
  4. cant activate my virtualbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate my virtualbox: Hi i have a problem i have a windows 7 ultimate virtual machine and cant activate because i dont know whats the product key can you help me ? the program i use is oracle virtualbox and thank you...
  5. Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 suddenly not activated after years of being activated: Last night, my Windows 10 20H2 is suddenly not activated, giving an error code of 0x8007007B. I've had this copy of windows since Windows 8 when was upgraded for free to Windows 10. I bought the copy of Windows 8 so long ago I didn't remember the product key. Is there a way...
  6. Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error

Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro license installed on VIRTUALBOX, and for this usage only Originaly it was a Windows 7 Pro license upgraded to 10. I wasn't have a microsoft account. All works perfectly since 1 year. The disk file VDI was on a mecanic hard-drive. It was...
  7. Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox

Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox: Hello I bought a refurbished laptop with a licenced installation of Windows 10 - there is a Preinstalled Software Licence in the BIOS. I then did a clean install of Linux and installed Win 10 in VirtualBox from an ISO downloaded from the Microsoft site. The installation...
  8. Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

Win 10 activation on Virtualbox: Hi, I had a Win 7 which I've upgraded to Win 10 and inside that Win 10 I've instaled virtualbox with win 10 technical preview to see what's comming next. Not long ago I've bought ssd and I've done clean installation and because motherboard and cpu was the same there was no...
  9. How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox: I have updated my OS to Windows 10 which has been activated during the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit. I have added Windows 10 as a guest in Virtualbox, how do I validate the Windows 10 guest? 25675
  10. Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?: Hello folks! I am dual-booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and consequently have a properly activated Windows 10 installed on my PC. Now, I'm working from home and my company requires that I keep this time-tracking app running while I work. It's a Windows app, but I work in...