Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 OEM

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 OEM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A year ago, when I assembled my PC, I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Amazon, but I noticed that it was not OEM but VOLUME MAK. So yesterday I bought an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xDeluxers, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Activate Windows 10 OEM

A year ago, when I assembled my PC, I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Amazon, but I noticed that it was not OEM but VOLUME MAK. So yesterday I bought an OEM version. The problem is that if I put the key on "Change product key" it tells me that "This copy of Windows is already active". How do I change the key?

submitted by /u/xDeluxers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xDeluxers, Jun 17, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jun 17, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Activate Windows 10 OEM

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 OEM

1. Activate Windows 10 OEM - Similar Threads - Activate OEM

2. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  3. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  4. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  6. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  7. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?: I bought a laptop pre-installed with Win 8.1 many years ago. I had intended to upgrade to Win 10 from within Win 8.1. Unfortunately I completely wiped the hard drive. I have since managed to do a fresh Win 10 install on the same hard drive on the same laptop. I have a record...
  8. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?: I bought a laptop pre-installed with Win 8.1 many years ago. I had intended to upgrade to Win 10 from within Win 8.1. Unfortunately I completely wiped the hard drive. I have since managed to do a fresh Win 10 install on the same hard drive on the same laptop. I have a record...
  9. Can I use an OEM activation code from Win 8.1 for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?

Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?: I have swapped a hard disk with a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 into a different machine replacing its original disk that also had a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 working on it. I can't now activate the OEM copy of Windows 10 on the...