Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 on SSD

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 on SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I bought an SSD and downloaded Windows 10 new on it. It was the free version so it's not activated of course. I'm been running it like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TanTheTiger, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Activate Windows 10 on SSD

Hi there,

I bought an SSD and downloaded Windows 10 new on it. It was the free version so it's not activated of course.

I'm been running it like this for 2 years.

But I do have an activated Windows 10 on an old hard drive.

How can I go about activating it on my SSD? Considering I already own it on this old hard drive. The old hard drive is plugged into the computer with the SSD

:)

TanTheTiger, Aug 12, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Activate Windows 10 on SSD

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 on SSD

1. Activate Windows 10 on SSD - Similar Threads - Activate SSD

2. Can't activate windows 11 after changed SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows 11 after changed SSD.: Hello, I recently changed my main ssd so i reinstalled the windows 11, but cannot activate them. I tried to click on "I changed hardware on this device recently" and after "See other devices linked to your Microsoft Account" and I see the message: "These devices were...
  3. Can't activate windows 11 after changed SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows 11 after changed SSD.: Hello, I recently changed my main ssd so i reinstalled the windows 11, but cannot activate them. I tried to click on "I changed hardware on this device recently" and after "See other devices linked to your Microsoft Account" and I see the message: "These devices were...
  4. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  5. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  6. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

7. Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD: In settings --> system --> Activate I did the following:input my product key and windows will not activate. I tried to "change" the product key to a public key is gives error 0x803fa067I tried "troubleshoot" and then selected "I changed hardware on this device recently", I...
  8. Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD

Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD: In settings --> system --> Activate I did the following:input my product key and windows will not activate. I tried to "change" the product key to a public key is gives error 0x803fa067I tried "troubleshoot" and then selected "I changed hardware on this device recently", I...
  9. Activation with new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation with new SSD: If I previously installed win 10 home and had a digital license if I installed win 10 home single language would it still activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-with-new-ssd/170cdbc2-7414-46bb-b14f-db044a07e8e1
  10. Activation with new SSD

Activation with new SSD: If I previously installed win 10 home and had a digital license if I installed win 10 home single language would it still activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-with-new-ssd/170cdbc2-7414-46bb-b14f-db044a07e8e1