Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change PS: I got the license for free on a forum...

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change PS: I got the license for free on a forum... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, recently i upgraded my desktop and now I see that my windows got deactivated... before upgrading I saw that my licensing was digital and was under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TibaldoRancier, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change PS: I got the license for free on a forum...

Hi, recently i upgraded my desktop and now I see that my windows got deactivated... before upgrading I saw that my licensing was digital and was under the impression the activation would have been automatic. So I did the troubleshoot thing and it doesn' work, I don't know the product key. Since I got it for free on a forum years ago and was for a windows 7 pro. With the years I upgraded for free to win 8 and win 10. So now ive got my upgraded PC with the activate windows watermark on the corner and its driving me crazy and idk how to solve this issue. i went into my Microsoft account devices and i see that my upgraded desktop is treated as a new device and that i still have my outdated PC as another device. I dont know if that has anything to do with the issue of activating my windows or not but any solution would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I am being forward in how i got my license because i didnt buy it, i found a few licenses on a forum post by someone... i tried a few until one of them worked and thats how i got my license for windows 7 pro, and witht the free upgrades microsoft was offering i got my windows 10 pro license.

:)

TibaldoRancier, Jul 27, 2020
  2. iH Xenon Win User

Re-Activate after hardware change

I can't activate windows again after I changed my motherboard, CPU, RAM.

I click changed hardware button then select pc from list and select this is the current pc I am using and it goes straight to cant activate windows

I got my windows license with the free upgrade from windows 8.1 pro.

Anyone know what the issue is ?

iH Xenon, Jul 27, 2020
  3. _rwhite_ Win User
    Windows 8 Pro Retail => Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Fails Activation after hardware change

Hi,

I bought 2 retail licenses (one for my desktop and one for my laptop) for Windows 8 several years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 (via the free upgrade). Recently I had to change some hardware (motherboard) and I get the following error code when trying to
    activate Windows: 0xC004C003.

I have tried the following, all of which have failed.

1. Troubeshoot -> I recently changed hardware on this device (I can only see my Laptop License and not my desktop)
    2. Provided the Installation ID (via phone helpdesk) on two occasions.
    First help desk technician suggested I buy a new Windows License and the second suggested I reinstall and use Windows 8. Both suggestions from help desk are ridiculous.

How do I proceed without having to:

1. Pay for a license I should technically already have
    2. Downgrade back to Windows 8 (loose time / data)

_rwhite_, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change PS: I got the license for free on a forum...

Windows 10 expiring, even after I got the free upgrade?

Hello Sarah,

Reactivation of Windows 10 is required whenever there's a hardware change done. Since you replaced your internal storage device, we'll need to reactivate your computer to update your digital license. Since you upgraded to Windows 10 for free, your current
    license will be converted into a digital license (previously called digital entitlement). A digital license is a method of activating Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key. For the steps on how to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware
    change, you can refer to these support articles:

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change PS: I got the license for free on a forum...

1. Activate Windows 10 pro after hardware change PS: I got the license for free on a forum... - Similar Threads - Activate pro hardware

2. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...: Hello MS Community,I built my PC in 2015 and purchased Windows 8. Since then, I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and reset my PC once. When I sign into my Microsoft account I can clearly see my PC under my devices with Windows 10 Enterprise as the listed OS.Here is what I...
  3. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...: Hello MS Community,I built my PC in 2015 and purchased Windows 8. Since then, I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and reset my PC once. When I sign into my Microsoft account I can clearly see my PC under my devices with Windows 10 Enterprise as the listed OS.Here is what I...
  4. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  6. Windows License activation after hardware change

Windows License activation after hardware change: Hi there,After a hardware change on my computer processor + MOB I am not able to activate my Windows license.I've used the "Troubleshoot" button in the Setting/Activation area and clicked on "I recently changed hardware on this device" but the answer is "Unable to activate...
  7. Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change

Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change: I have a Windows 10 Pro non-OEM which I originally purchased as XP Pro, then paid to upgrade to Windows 8 and took the upgrade route to Windows 10. The last time I upgraded the hardware 5 years ago I had no problems re-activating. I have just upgraded my Motherboard and...
  8. activate free windows after hardware change

activate free windows after hardware change: It says version blocked or similar when I try to activate the free version of windows I got a while back when it was a free upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-free-windows-after-hardware-change/235cdef5-72a2-4f55-96fa-c3116fad5867
  9. Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.

Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.: I cant activate windows after I switched my motherboard. I ran the troubleshooter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVjNHYYhTE Also this picture is taken from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ should I remove my old pc from my devices?[ATTACH]...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Recently upgraded my home PC after a motherboard failure; it was older, so this includes a processor upgrade as well. After getting it operational again, I was plagued by the "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right corner of the screen. Following the standard...