Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My PC is running a valid install of Windows 10 Pro retail but the system HDD is failing.I have acquired a SSD with Windows 10 Pro OEM installed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vfr2ifr, May 21, 2022.

1. vfr2ifr Win User

Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key

My PC is running a valid install of Windows 10 Pro retail but the system HDD is failing.I have acquired a SSD with Windows 10 Pro OEM installed. I would like to retire the HDD containing the retail licence and substitute it with the SSD containing the OEM licence. I do not wish to reinstall the retail version on the SSD as that would delete all the apps thereon. Can I activate the OEM version with the retired retail version's product key? The oem version was not originally installed on this pc and hence the motherboard is not the same as per the original oem install.It does not matter th

:)

vfr2ifr, May 21, 2022
  2. tigger Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    https://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/windows-10-pro/

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, May 21, 2022
  3. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, May 21, 2022
  4. wolfaust Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

This online store looks cheap. You don't want to know how much OEM keys or other software prices are in my country. lol

wolfaust, May 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key - Similar Threads - Activate Pro OEM

2. Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  3. Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro Activation with physical Windows 10 Pro retail key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  4. Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key: My PC is running a valid install of Windows 10 Pro retail but the system HDD is failing.I have acquired a SSD with Windows 10 Pro OEM installed. I would like to retire the HDD containing the retail licence and substitute it with the SSD containing the OEM licence. I do not...
  5. Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 10 Pro OEM with retiring Windows 10 Pro Retail product key: My PC is running a valid install of Windows 10 Pro retail but the system HDD is failing.I have acquired a SSD with Windows 10 Pro OEM installed. I would like to retire the HDD containing the retail licence and substitute it with the SSD containing the OEM licence. I do not...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate: Hi!I'm currently in the process of setting up my new laptop. This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home edition installed onto it out of the box, however I replaced the included nvme with my own two and went ahead and installed Windows 10 Pro N - an edition I use whenever I...
  7. how to activate win 10 pro oem product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to activate win 10 pro oem product key: Today i have installed windows 10 pro oem via network push some where around 70 desktop's now i am having 70 different oem product key in normal scenario i have to type every single product key to activate the product is there any work around i can activate the product in...
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key

Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key: Got a new PC for Christmas, it's not a prebuilt PC. Everytime I turn on the PC a notification appears that I need to activate Windows. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, restart the PC, update Windows, etc. I'm unable to activate it. I started looking online about this,...
  9. windows 10 pro activation product key

windows 10 pro activation product key: I have windows 10 home as the product key on my laptop but want to install windows 10 pro so I can access remote desktop from work. When I put code in it says it is incorrect with error code Oxc004f050....
  10. Windows 10 Pro Retail Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Retail Key: I often change motherboard. If I buy the retail key, how many motherboard I can change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-retail-key/561e9289-3694-45e3-a87d-6873f21a54f4