Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Anri001, May 29, 2020.

1. Anri001 Win User

Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition.

I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere.

What do I do?

:)

Anri001, May 29, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 29, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 29, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation. - Similar Threads - Activate Pro Home

2. Activating windows 10 pro from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows 10 pro from windows 10 home: I bought a new PC that was sold with preactivated windows 10 home. I have a key for upgrading windows home to pro but the upgrade fails showing the following message: "The product key you entered did not work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  3. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation: I had Windows 10 Home installed in my old computer. I moved the hard drive to my new computer and learned that it was only valid once per motherboard. I bought a Windows 10 Pro key online and tried to activate it. It didn't work, so I went through the activation...
  4. Installation and activation of Windows 10 Home

Installation and activation of Windows 10 Home: I have purchased windows 10 home version from Microsoft store online and downloaded in a USB flash drive to upgrade my PC from Windows &, but I failed to do so despite reqesting Microsoft. ONly to access windows 10 I purchased a new PC and tried to install . On completion of...
  5. Installed Windows 10 Pro but in activation still showing Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Windows 10 Pro but in activation still showing Windows 10 Home: I have just upgraded from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro. after the installation and deleting the old windows my system still shows that i am still in windows 10 home single language but the function are all install for windows 10 pro. what to do and why...
  6. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key: Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate, error code, called Microsoft 4 times, finally got an answer..... my key that is installed is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro that's...
  7. Windows 10 activation Home not pro

Windows 10 activation Home not pro: I jusg built a new gaming pc and installed windows off of a flash drive, I chose windows 10 pro and continued without a key. Yesterday I bought a windows 10 home key... when i go to settings to activate it says it does not work. I am assuming this is because the pc says...
  8. Activating Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home

Activating Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home, but i havent activated it yet. If i buy Windows 10 Pro licence, will i be able to activate the Windows to Pro? Or i need to re-install the Pro in order to get licence working? Thanks...
  9. windows 10 home instalation and activation

windows 10 home instalation and activation: I am trying to install windows 10 home via USB on a computer that has an unsilenced version of windows 10 pro installed on it after the installation completes the computer still shows I am running the pro version not the home version and asks for activation I enter the home...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro from 10 Home

Activating Windows 10 Pro from 10 Home: I have just purchased the Windows 10 pro upgrade directly from the Microsoft store. My computer appeared to go through the download/ install process smoothly. When I go to the "About" and "Windows Specifications" section it says Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803, however I...