Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had an Acer Laptop previously, which I had purchased the $99 upgrade to windows 10 Pro from the microsoft store app on. This laptop was stolen from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TrevorTrusty, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop

I had an Acer Laptop previously, which I had purchased the $99 upgrade to windows 10 Pro from the microsoft store app on. This laptop was stolen from me at a train station about a month and a half ago, so now that money is down the drain unless I can get that activation on my new ASUS laptop. Is there any way for me to transfer this activation? Or, Microsoft Employees, can you help me get Windows 10 Pro activated on this new laptop?

Thanks,

Trevor

:)

TrevorTrusty, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Endre_am Win User

Putting SSD with activated Win 10 pro from an old laptop to a new one

Hello

My Lenovo G570 laptop monitor has been damaged beyond repair. I can use the laptop monitor for limited work, so repairing would cost more than a second hand laptop. So I wish to buy a used laptop and to insert my SSD with activated Win 10 pro from the
    old (Lenovo G570) laptop into the new one. To repeat, Win 10pro OS was activated in the old (Lenovo G570) laptop, so I would place the SSD with the activated Win 10 pro from the old to a new laptop.

My question is:

After putting my SSD with activated Win 10 pro from the old (Lenovo G570) to a new laptop, would my activated Win 10 pro from the old laptop work in the new laptop? That is, will I lose the valid license for Win 10 pro if
    I swap the Win 10 pro with SSD between the laptops?

Regards

Endre

Endre_am, Jul 24, 2019
  3. De-Activate windows 10 on old laptop and activate it on new laptop

Hi,

I have old laptop with windows 10 home edition by default, few months back I have upgraded it to windows 10 professional through Windows store app and it is working on my old laptop, due to some hardware failure, I have to buy a new laptop. my new laptop
    will also have windows 10 home by default.

Is there any way to de-activate the windows 10 pro on my old laptop and upgrade and activate my new laptop? I have not received a product key along with this purchase, I have a license associated to my windows account.

RahulPundlik, Jul 24, 2019
  4. myagkov-a Win User

Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop

1. Activate Windows 10 Pro on new laptop after losing my old laptop - Similar Threads - Activate Pro laptop

2. Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop: In 2015, I upgraded my old laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade that Microsoft provided. My old laptop had an OEM 8.1 Pro key, and thus the 10 Pro key was a genuine product key, direct from Microsoft.Fast forward to the day this post is made; I...
  3. Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro product key on old laptop not working on new laptop: In 2015, I upgraded my old laptop from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade that Microsoft provided. My old laptop had an OEM 8.1 Pro key, and thus the 10 Pro key was a genuine product key, direct from Microsoft.Fast forward to the day this post is made; I...
  4. Activating 10 pro on a new laptop

Activating 10 pro on a new laptop: I have windows 10 pro on my old laptop and a digital key. When activating on my new laptop it only gives me 10 home. Please advise how I can fix this? Thanks,...
  5. Windows 10 pro license transfer between my old laptop and new laptop

Windows 10 pro license transfer between my old laptop and new laptop: Hi, I have bought the new DELL XPS 15 9500 about two months ago, this the laptop comes with windows 10 home pre-installed into it, so upgraded the pre-installed version to windows 10 pro, thought Microsoft website, I paid for it about USD139. As all know the new DELL XPS...
  6. How to transfer windows 10 pro from my old laptop to my new laptop?

How to transfer windows 10 pro from my old laptop to my new laptop?: I upgraded my laptop from windows 10 home oem edition to windows 10 pro by windows app store paid around $130 in 2018. Today I buy a new laptop, how can I transfer the windows 10 pro to my current laptop? Also I don't remember where is the email of digital license of...
  7. Windows 10 pro activation on a new laptop

Windows 10 pro activation on a new laptop: Hello I am helping an uncle of mine to set up his brand new HP Laptop he bought for over £400, which came with Windows 10 Pro - but the system is asking for activation or Product key. Where can I find the windows activation key or product key? Regards...
  8. Windows Activation on my old laptop

Windows Activation on my old laptop: Hello! So here's my problem. In 2017, my mom bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Installed. After a year, that new laptop was broken due to spilled water. So I bought myself an SSD enclosure and saved the files, in which, it has Windows 10 Installed. April 5, 2020, I have...
  9. Cannot log into old laptop after activating Windows 10 on new laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into old laptop after activating Windows 10 on new laptop.: I bought an Asus Vivobook and ran through the Windows 10 activation process. This asked for my Microsoft account, and used my email name xxxx.yyyy to create some kind of login. Apparently my Microsoft account uses that email. Now I cannot access my older, main laptop. I...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop

Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop: Hello, in May 2017 I've bought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Now I'd like to apply that upgrade to my new laptop, but I can't find a way. Could you please help me? Thanks, Francesco...