Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by San-San2U2, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for awhile die to the fact it pwas my Granny and I just can't part with it yet. Not to mention it's actually working ok..I just can't perform certain things I need for class and yes I'm 68 n something n yes this laptop was my 1st lady my granny. If someone could help I appreciate it. Also apt the moment I can't afford the0 digital license. I've done the download error 0x803F7001. I'm desperate I just want to complete a few things on my bucket list

:)

San-San2U2, Feb 11, 2024

2. windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 11, 2024
  3. nkienitz Win User
    Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Feb 11, 2024
  4. Laurijan Win User

Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Feb 11, 2024
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

1. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER... - Similar Threads - Activate pro previously

2. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...: How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for awhile die to the fact it pwas my Granny and I just can't part with it yet. Not to mention it's actually working ok..I just...
  3. Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 10 pro previously upgraded from Windows 7 then 8 then 10 pro WITHOUT EVER...: How do I activate windows 10 pro when I'm assuming that prior to th0e upgrade from 7 ...8.. then 10 the laptop hadn't been activated. I've had this for awhile die to the fact it pwas my Granny and I just can't part with it yet. Not to mention it's actually working ok..I just...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating: Hi,I have an old Acer laptop which I tried to upgrade to Windows Pro but it won't activate once the upgrade is completed. Below are the steps I followed to complete the upgrade:I created a Windows account which I used throughout the upgrade processes.1. Did a clean install of...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  10. Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?: Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August. Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine. I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file....