Windows 10: Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key

Discus and support Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We are upgrading multiple pc's to Windows 10 from 7 and when using the Windows 7 key and it works fine. Just want to know if this is legit? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MichaelCapuozzo, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key

We are upgrading multiple pc's to Windows 10 from 7 and when using the Windows 7 key and it works fine. Just want to know if this is legit? Thanks

:)

MichaelCapuozzo, Dec 22, 2020
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Dec 22, 2020
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Dec 22, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

no TRWOV u can't use Ultimate key on Pro but u can download a free Windows 7, if that's the problem.

Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Microsoft's Official Distributer:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

puma99dk|, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key

1. Activate Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Pro Key - Similar Threads - Activate Pro Pro

2. windows 7 pro activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 pro activation: Why was windows 7 activation denied with a genuine product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-activation/030e2e37-f7ae-4e8c-87b3-2823a26c0de0
  3. windows 7 pro activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 pro activation: Why was windows 7 activation denied with a genuine product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-activation/030e2e37-f7ae-4e8c-87b3-2823a26c0de0
  4. Windows 10 Pro activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation key: Hello. I have a question about windows 10 Pro activation key.So I was browsing on chrome and searching to buy windows 10 Pro activation key.But then I saw this are these keys legit or is it good to buy an activation key...
  5. Can install and activate Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Pro product key

Can install and activate Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Pro product key: Hi, Hope someone can help, I have purchased a second-hand PC with and un-activated version of Windows 10 Home. I was given a code to use to activate it which is wrong, it is a server code. My old PC has a valid Windows 7 Pro licence key. I phoned Microsoft and was...
  6. Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate clean Windows 10 Pro with Windows 7 Upgrade Key: I have a PC that I've been running for many years and it originally had Windows XP which was upgraded to Windows 7 Pro using a purchased Windows 7 Pro Upgrade key. This PC was then later upgraded for free to Windows 10, however the hard drive has failed and I'm replacing the...
  7. Activate Windows 10 pro using Windows 7 MAK key

Activate Windows 10 pro using Windows 7 MAK key: Hi, I have a few obsolete workstations under Windows 7 that I need to replace. The Windows licence on them was purchased via a program that Microsoft was offering back in 2006 or so. The key were called MAK key, and I was able to install 10 copies using the same key. The...
  8. Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key

Activating Windows Pro 10 with Windows Pro 7 Key: Hi all, From what I understand, we could use our existing Windows 7/8.1 product key to activate a Windows 10 product. I have been receiving error code : 0xC004C003 when using my genuine Windows Pro 7 key though. The installed Windows 10 is the Pro version. Any help...
  9. can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key?: can I activate windows 10 pro with a new windows 7 pro key? Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-windows-10-pro-with-a-new-windows-7/d74c7257-c8e8-441f-9b6b-7a33c5332a6a
  10. Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key

Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro key: Hi guys Quick question which I have tried googling and found no definitive answer to. I have Windows 10 Home and want to upgrade to Pro. I also have an unactivated Windows 7 Pro key from an old laptop. Does anyone know whether I can use the Windows 7 Pro key to activate...