Windows 10: Activate Windows 10240 via Image restore (Acronis etc)

Discus and support Activate Windows 10240 via Image restore (Acronis etc) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there You CAN activate Windows 10240 on to a new system if you've copied / restored from an already activated image even if it's on different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Jul 17, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Activate Windows 10240 via Image restore (Acronis etc)

Hi there

You CAN activate Windows 10240 on to a new system if you've copied / restored from an already activated image even if it's on different hardware. After re-boot smply update some of the drivers --Video / graphics is usually the most problematical. CPU change doesn't seem to matter (Intel-->AMD or vice versa).

Ensure though on restore that the small Boot partition is flagged as ACTIVE --if you don't do that then you will get "Can't find Operating system" when you try and boot your restored image. If the partition isn't active use GPARTED or another partition manager to flag it as ACTIVE.

You will need an ACTIVTED version if you want to customise (personalize) your system. If Windows isn't activated then you will get a message saying you must activate Windows to personalize.

on ONE really difficult system it restored as not Activated - but the activation method commands worked just fine -- not allowed to list here the KMS command but simply google. My other systems all activated just fine.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Restore System Image

Van1,

I have added this to my earlier post about Acronis

Edited 29 Nov 2016 - I have tested Acronis TI 2017 and it can only restore its own .tib images & .vhd images [Windows 7 system images]. It cannot restore .vhdx images [Windows 10 &, I believe, Windows 8]. Several threads in the Acronis forums and an Acronis
    Knowledge Base article also stated that this limitation existed. I then contacted Acronis support who confirmed the fact. There is no reason to believe that Acronis will add this capability in the future.

Denis

Tryx3, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Win 10 Oem pre-installed inaccessible_boot_device

To restore an Acronis WD Edition partition backup you need an Acronis Recovery CD.

Image Backups are not interchangeable, each product (Acronis, EaseUS, Macrium, Paragon and Windows) has it's own format for the Image Backup file. Therefore you must create a "Recovery CD" using each product's utility to create the CD to be able to restore
    their backup to your disk drive.

Example: Acronis image backup file stored on an external USB drive requires an Acronis recovery cd (which you boot from) to restore the Acronis backup to your disk drive.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jul 17, 2015
Thema:

Activate Windows 10240 via Image restore (Acronis etc)

1. Activate Windows 10240 via Image restore (Acronis etc) - Similar Threads - Activate 10240 via

2. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  3. Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned SSD via Acronis True Image Booting up Error: I’m upgrading my PC’s SSD. To clone the SSD that was within the PC I used Acronis True Image. Connected via a Sabrent Enclosure and USB-C to USB-C cable. The clone was successful on the software. I took the old SSD out of the PC and replaced with the new. Upon boot up, the PC...
  4. Restoration of Windows 10 System Image failed etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoration of Windows 10 System Image failed etc.: My version of Windows 10 Pro 64bit 10.0.19042 Build19042. Did a system image backup torestore it to a brand new 1TB HDD. When the restoration was near finish I gotthe message that the restoration failed with the error code 0x80070057. The system repair disk I used was...
  5. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  6. acronis true activation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    acronis true activation: hi aleykm acronis true image How do I activate 2020 version 161781
  7. Restoring Live Mail via Acronis TI from Win 7

Restoring Live Mail via Acronis TI from Win 7: My wife's 5-y-o Win 7 machine died recently. I used Acronis True Image to backup her Windows Live Mail account onto an external hard drive. If I restore/recover it to her new Win 10 machine, will I be able to access the backup files with the Mail client of Windows 10? Thanks...
  8. Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014

Restore System with Acronis True Image 2014: Hi, I just updated to Windows 10 and I am loving it! I want to create a system image using a Acronis True Image 2014 bootable CD. I created a backup using the CD just fine and it includes the MBR the C: drive. When i try to restore the image, Windows 10 will boot but when i...
  9. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...
  10. Acronis True Image to restore after W10 install??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acronis True Image to restore after W10 install??: I installed the Preview on a couple machines with 10" screens and while I liked the overall look and feel, I didn't care for it on those smaller screens. So I took them back to originals which was a totally no fun process. Probably because I did the restore using the MS and...