Windows 10: Activate Windows after building new PC

Discus and support Activate Windows after building new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a desktop PC from Best Buy years ago. It originally had came with windows 8 on it. I upgraded to Windows 10, using the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FullOnRage, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Activate Windows after building new PC

Hello, I purchased a desktop PC from Best Buy years ago. It originally had came with windows 8 on it. I upgraded to Windows 10, using the free opportunity that Microsoft Provided at that time. Then, I built a new desktop tower for myself, and in the process transferred some of the old hardware from the first PC I mentioned to it. This included the hard-drive of the 1st to my current, the 2nd. This hard-drive had my copy of Windows 10 on it, which is what I'm using now.

My problem is I have this "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right hand corner of my screen and it won't go away. I have tried going to "Settings" then clicking "Troubleshoot". That didn't yield anything. There's a red text message that shows:

"We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation...Error code: 0x8007232B"

I'm not using a pirated copy of windows 10, or anything like that, so I want this removed. How can I have this removed?

:)

FullOnRage, Mar 30, 2020

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Mar 30, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Activate Windows after building new PC

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows after building new PC

1. Activate Windows after building new PC - Similar Threads - Activate building

2. Win10 pro activation after building new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 pro activation after building new computer: Hi all I have purchase win 10 licence very long time ago and lost the email with activation key. Every time I have reinstalled win it activated itself. Few month back I have build new PC motherboard, video, the lot and installed win and to my surprise it did not activated. I...
  3. Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909: Guys, Ever since build 1803, I have had intermittent issues with my computer not restarting once Active Hours have ended. My Active Hours are set from 7AM to 1 AM, and around Patch Tuesday, or a day or so later, I correctly get a notice in Action Center that my PC needs to...
  4. Windows activation after update build 1909

Windows activation after update build 1909: Hey guys. Does anyone know how to fix an activation problem? A few days ago I made the update to 1909 but after this my Windows became inactive and keeps asking me for an activation code. All I know is that the users with an upgraded windows from 7 to 10 should have a...
  5. Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build: I just built a new PC and transferred my SSD with Windows 10 to it. I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. -On the Settings>Update & Security>Activation tab, it reads that in I have Windows 10 Education. -Error reads "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has...
  6. Not able to activate windows after building new pc

Not able to activate windows after building new pc: I'm getting the following error. "windows reported that no product key was found on your device error code 0xc004f213" I have tried all the troubleshooting steps found on MS's site and so far no luck. I have used my digital license on multiple computers over the years and...
  7. New win10 system build, how do I activate from my old upgraded win7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New win10 system build, how do I activate from my old upgraded win7?: Hi, I'm building a new system and would like to use the license from my dismantled old system. The old system started with win7 and has been upgraded all the way up to win10 through the years. I purchased a "Windows 10 Home 64-bit Installation/Recovery Disc Only" to simplify...
  8. Building a new PC, can I use my Win 8.1 key to activate Win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Building a new PC, can I use my Win 8.1 key to activate Win 10?: I have this PC I am using right now and has Windows 8.1 installed, but I am giving that PC away to my sister and I am building a new PC in a week and I am wondering if I HAVE to buy Windows 10, or if I can use my Windows 8.1 key even tho it is in use. submitted by...
  9. Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...

Unable to activate windows after building new pc, regedit, services, and .bat fix all do...: So as I have researched I know that when you do significant hardware change microsoft will not recognize the new hardware, and you will need to reactivate it. Surface level I tried regedit, services disable, and the popular .bat file for such fixes, most detailed here....
  10. Windows10 - build 19013... is activated but shows evaluation copy

Windows10 - build 19013... is activated but shows evaluation copy: Hi, after my last upgrade [Windows10 - build 19013.vb_release.191025-1609] I have the evaluation copy label, but my copy is already activated. This proposed solution was useless. [ATTACH] Than you in advance for your help...