Windows 10: Activate Windows after building new PC

Discus and support Activate Windows after building new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a desktop PC from Best Buy years ago. It originally had came with windows 8 on it. I upgraded to Windows 10, using the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FullOnRage, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Activate Windows after building new PC

Hello, I purchased a desktop PC from Best Buy years ago. It originally had came with windows 8 on it. I upgraded to Windows 10, using the free opportunity that Microsoft Provided at that time. Then, I built a new desktop tower for myself, and in the process transferred some of the old hardware from the first PC I mentioned to it. This included the hard-drive of the 1st to my current, the 2nd. This hard-drive had my copy of Windows 10 on it, which is what I'm using now.

My problem is I have this "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right hand corner of my screen and it won't go away. I have tried going to "Settings" then clicking "Troubleshoot". That didn't yield anything. There's a red text message that shows:

"We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation...Error code: 0x8007232B"

I'm not using a pirated copy of windows 10, or anything like that, so I want this removed. How can I have this removed?

:)

FullOnRage, Mar 30, 2020

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Mar 30, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Activate Windows after building new PC

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows after building new PC

1. Activate Windows after building new PC - Similar Threads - Activate building

2. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  3. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  4. Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence: How do i activate Windows 11 on a new build PC from an old digital licence? It was a full retail licence that i linked to my microsoft account. The old PC is long since dead. I tried running the activation troubleshooter and the old PC name showed up, so I selected it but it...
  5. Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence

Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence: How do i activate Windows 11 on a new build PC from an old digital licence? It was a full retail licence that i linked to my microsoft account. The old PC is long since dead. I tried running the activation troubleshooter and the old PC name showed up, so I selected it but it...
  6. How to activate the latest windows build preview.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate the latest windows build preview.: i have ben on this version on the preview for sometime now 22623.870. i am notified of the new build being available but for some unknown reasons i am unable to download this. instructions i get is to click to navigate to windows update for it, but this has never yielded the...
  7. How to activate the latest windows build preview.

How to activate the latest windows build preview.: i have ben on this version on the preview for sometime now 22623.870. i am notified of the new build being available but for some unknown reasons i am unable to download this. instructions i get is to click to navigate to windows update for it, but this has never yielded the...
  8. Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11: I currently have windows 10 installed on my pc. I will be upgrading my motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu etc. I want to install windows 11 on the new pc build. Can I use my windows 10 key to activate windows 11 on the new build even though I never upgraded the current windows 10 to...
  9. Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11

Activating a brand new PC build with Windows 11: I currently have windows 10 installed on my pc. I will be upgrading my motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu etc. I want to install windows 11 on the new pc build. Can I use my windows 10 key to activate windows 11 on the new build even though I never upgraded the current windows 10 to...
  10. Why after microsoft gave me win 10 free. I build a new computer... Auto Activation says I...

Why after microsoft gave me win 10 free. I build a new computer... Auto Activation says I...: I was given windows 10 free by you a long time ago.Did not use it right away.Wanted to stay on 7...Eventually did use it.Did not like it.Reloaded 7...Later reinstalled win 10.I have been hacked a few times.That prompted me to clone my OS. So I have 2 drives with win 10 on it....