Windows 10: Activate windows after factory reset

Discus and support Activate windows after factory reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my pc was having some issues after i relocated windows from my hdd to my ssd and had to do a factory reset, the first time i did it everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dsy., Sep 2, 2022.

1. Dsy. Win User

Activate windows after factory reset

So my pc was having some issues after i relocated windows from my hdd to my ssd and had to do a factory reset, the first time i did it everything was fine but the crashes were still a thing so after a couple of weeks i factory reseted again but now it says "we can't activate windows on this device at the moment. You can try activating again later, or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0x803FABB8". Should i just restart my pc and wait for it to activate or will i need another product key? I can't find the key that originally activated windows because it's in my sister's ex gmai

:)

Dsy., Sep 2, 2022
  2. Paawan Win User

Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

Activate windows after factory reset [​IMG]

See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

"slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.

Paawan, Sep 2, 2022
  3. Word Man Win User
    Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

You have to make sure the Win 8.1 reinstall is reactivated, not just assume because it's a factory reset. See tutorial here: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...-8-online.html and use the options and activation means appropriate to your particular version and license. There are command line methods (which NavyLCDR is well versed in) that you can also use to get an exact picture of activation, license type, and exact Win8.1 version that will confirm activation before you proceed to the WIn10 upgrade (and that is confirmed to match your exact Win 8.1 version).

Word Man, Sep 2, 2022
  4. Activate windows after factory reset

Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

My latest rebuild was done using:
    • Reset this PC.
    • Don't keep files.

I now see the conflicting output as show in post #16.

Also I have a watermark on my desktop. Is this normal?

Activate windows after factory reset [​IMG]

the5krunner, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

Activate windows after factory reset

1. Activate windows after factory reset - Similar Threads - Activate factory reset

2. Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset: Hello,I want to thank you in advance for any help you can provide to resolve my situation.Currently, I am unable to activate windows on my Razer Blade 15 laptop. I’ve had the laptop for about 2-3 years now and I thought it was about time for a factory reset, so that I can...
  3. Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation Gone After Factory Reset: Hello,I want to thank you in advance for any help you can provide to resolve my situation.Currently, I am unable to activate windows on my Razer Blade 15 laptop. I’ve had the laptop for about 2-3 years now and I thought it was about time for a factory reset, so that I can...
  4. Activate windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate windows after factory reset: So my pc was having some issues after i relocated windows from my hdd to my ssd and had to do a factory reset, the first time i did it everything was fine but the crashes were still a thing so after a couple of weeks i factory reseted again but now it says "we can't activate...
  5. Activate windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows after factory reset: So my pc was having some issues after i relocated windows from my hdd to my ssd and had to do a factory reset, the first time i did it everything was fine but the crashes were still a thing so after a couple of weeks i factory reseted again but now it says "we can't activate...
  6. Windows not activated after factory reset

Windows not activated after factory reset: I just factory reset my computer, and after finishing, windows did not activate. I have my activation key and tried to activate it in settings and all it says is "The product key you entered didn't work."...
  7. Windows 10 Activation after Factory Reset

Windows 10 Activation after Factory Reset: I recently got my Alienware 15 R4 repaired on warranty they replaced the battery, factory reset it and then sold it to my friend who is now having trouble activating windows. Important things to know: -The error code shown is code "0x80072EFE" -I used the computer for a day...
  8. windows 10 won't activate after factory reset

windows 10 won't activate after factory reset: I have a dell laptop, that came from dell with windows 7. Years ago I did the free upgrade to windows 10 when Microsoft was offering that. I was wanting to repurpose the laptop, so I did a factory reset, which got me back to a clean install of windows 10. But now it says...
  9. Unable to Activate Windows 10 after Factory Reset

Unable to Activate Windows 10 after Factory Reset: Hello. I have recently factory reset my laptop due to some problems. However, after I reset the computer, it is asking me to Activate Windows, Windows was activated before I reset it. I tried to run the Troubleshooter but it says 'We weren't able to activate Windows on this...
  10. activation of Windows 10 pro after factory reset

activation of Windows 10 pro after factory reset: I reset my computer and I am getting a Windows 10 Pro activation code. the laptop had windows 7 and was upgraded, How do I get my windows 10 pro activated?...