Windows 10: ''Activate windows'' after my annual pc reset.

Discus and support ''Activate windows'' after my annual pc reset. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have had windows 10 ever since it force-updated me years ago from 8.1! What the f* is wrong with it now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevXrev, Sep 10, 2019.

1. KevXrev Win User

''Activate windows'' after my annual pc reset.

I have had windows 10 ever since it force-updated me years ago from 8.1! What the f* is wrong with it now?

:)

KevXrev, Sep 10, 2019

2. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

My latest rebuild was done using:
    • Reset this PC.
    • Don't keep files.

I now see the conflicting output as show in post #16.

Also I have a watermark on my desktop. Is this normal?

''Activate windows'' after my annual pc reset. [​IMG]

the5krunner, Sep 10, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. ''Activate windows'' after my annual pc reset. - Similar Threads - ''Activate windows'' annual

2. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  3. Windows not activating after reset of PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not activating after reset of PC.: I bought my laptop with windows 10 and after windows 11 update I was having some issues with photo viewing, Microsoft store and other apps. So, I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows. Then after reset as I opened settings I saw windows is not activated automatically...
  4. Lost my activation after Reseting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my activation after Reseting PC: When i bought my laptop it was already installed and was originally Windows 10 , but i upgraded to Windows 11 for free on the settings. I needed to reset my pc because of some issue, i chose the local reinstall and keep my files, after reinstalling it did not ask for a key...
  5. Lost my activation after Reseting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my activation after Reseting PC: When i bought my laptop it was already installed and was originally Windows 10 , but i upgraded to Windows 11 for free on the settings. I needed to reset my pc because of some issue, i chose the local reinstall and keep my files, after reinstalling it did not ask for a key...
  6. Activate issues after PC reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate issues after PC reset: I want to preface this by saying that I've been trying to reach out to Microsoft support for an hour now, only to find out that you can't actually chat or speak to a live agent and that you have to depend on kb articles and community posts to get a Microsoft issue resolved....
  7. Windows 10 activation after reset PC

Windows 10 activation after reset PC: So I have a motile laptop, and windows 10 comes pre-installed on it. after I reset the laptop it said; “we can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select troubleshoot...
  8. Issues with activation after resetting PC

Issues with activation after resetting PC: Good Afternoon, I was running Windows Updates on Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Pro. For whatever reason the Updates hung up and as a last resort I booted in Safe Mode and ran the Reset this PC. After the reset ran and Windows reloaded I now see that I am running a...
  9. Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC

Activating Windows 10 after reseting PC: A couple years ago I built my computer and bought a windows 10 key. But my SSD stopped working so I had to reset my whole computer. I no longer have the activation code and I am tired of the "Activate Windows" in the bottom right of my screen. Do I need to buy another key?...
  10. Can't activate after "reset this PC"

Can't activate after "reset this PC": Hi all, I installed a new M/B and subsequently performed a reset this PC action and now my W10 won't activate. I purchased W8 several years ago and had been using that key. My windows is up to date (just checked) and I'm getting error 0x803f7001 about not reaching the...