Windows 10: "Activate Windows" does not stick

Discus and support "Activate Windows" does not stick in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903 (build 18362.476) After updating a week ago, a number of settings were changed for me. Among these, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ghxyzzy, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ghxyzzy Win User

"Activate Windows" does not stick

Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903 (build 18362.476)

After updating a week ago, a number of settings were changed for me. Among these, I had and "Activate Windows" message at the lower right corner of the screen.

The Settings windows tells me "Windows is not activated". So I activate it through the "Change the Product Key" link. The Activation message becomes "Windows is activated with a digital license".

All is well for a day or so, but the "Activate Windows" reappears after then - or may be after a few reboots.

Notes:

- yes, the license key is genuine.
    - I usually log in with a local account so I tried activating Windows both with the local account and when connected through the Microsoft Account [thinking that maybe being connected would help MS validate the link between my name, my computer, my email address and myself].
    - After the activation I returned to log in only with my local account (I have used my computer like that for a year without "activation" problems)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Gilbert

:)

ghxyzzy, Nov 13, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 13, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 13, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

"Activate Windows" does not stick [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. "Activate Windows" does not stick - Similar Threads - Activate does stick

2. How long does windows.old stick around?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long does windows.old stick around?: 10 days ago a major update happened and it made a folder called windows.old.But it's clearly the day it should be gone, so what's up here? is it 10 days or 30 days until it's gone?...
  3. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  4. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  5. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is it necessary to activate windows after the installation of the usb-stick?: i downloaded windows media creation tool onto my usb-stick. my question now is, if i will install it on my new pc, do i have to activate windows with a key? if so, can i still use windows without having activated it, so just after installation? Muss man windows nach der...
  7. A partition on a USB stick cannot be marked as active.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A partition on a USB stick cannot be marked as active.: Code: DISKPART> list volume Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 Z DVD-ROM 0 B No Media Volume 1 C Windows 10 NTFS Partition 80 GB Healthy Boot Volume 2 Recovery NTFS Partition 528 MB...
  8. Windows does not work properly with two memory sticks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows does not work properly with two memory sticks: The computer refuses to work with RAM in two channels, constantly reboots after blue screens. The bios defines two memory sticks, at the bios level there are no problems at all. Memtest86 also runs without errors. But as soon as you start loading Windows, after 5 minutes the...
  9. Background slideshow on Windows 10 does not stick

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background slideshow on Windows 10 does not stick: I just bought a new HP Pavilion laptop for my wife and would like to have a background slideshow of pictures she likes. When I put the settings to Background slideshow and select the folder with the pictures, the slideshow starts and changes two or three picture but then...
  10. "Activate Windows" does not stick

in Windows 10 Support
    "Activate Windows" does not stick: Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903 (build 18362.476) After updating a week ago, a number of settings were changed for me. Among these, I had and "Activate Windows" message at the lower right corner of the screen. The Settings windows tells me "Windows is not...