Windows 10: "Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen

Discus and support "Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a new Lenovo computer a while back with a preinstalled windows 10 home (I do have the key). Its been working perfectly fine until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by crisdamoc, Oct 13, 2019.

1. crisdamoc Win User

"Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen

I have purchased a new Lenovo computer a while back with a preinstalled windows 10 home (I do have the key). Its been working perfectly fine until a few days ago when on bottom left there is the windows watermark "Activate windows". When i go to settings it gives me error 0xC004F012, and when i try to trouble shoot it the troubleshoot says something is interrupting the troubleshooter, error 0xc0000022. So then i tried to put in the product key again, and it gives error code 0xc0000022 again.

I looked online and a lot of responses came up with starting sppsvc/software protection service, which worked for the first few days, but now the software protection service will not start up no matter what i do, even if i take ownership of it and the whole of System32. Going through regedit in WIN+R and giving it full control also briefly solved the problem, until i booted up the computer again the next day, only to see sppsvc does have full permissions, but cannot start up.

sfc /scannow also didnt solve anything, although it did find some corrupt files.

The Activate Windows watermark always came back, no matter what i tried.

Any help from the community would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

crisdamoc, Oct 13, 2019
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Oct 13, 2019
  4. "Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

"Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen

1. "Activate Windows" Error message on bottom right of screen - Similar Threads - Activate Error message

2. Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.: Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display. Problem arose when when I purchased and installed MS office, two days ago. In settings-activate windows appears error code 0x80070002. Windows 10 was legally purchased few years ago already installed with...
  3. Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display.: Notice "Activate Windows" appears at the right bottom of the display. Problem arose when when I purchased and installed MS office, two days ago. In settings-activate windows appears error code 0x80070002. Windows 10 was legally purchased few years ago already installed with...
  4. Bottom right of screen is unresponsive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom right of screen is unresponsive Windows 11: The other day, I noticed that when I placed my cursor anywhere inside the bottom right corner of my screen about the bottom half and rightmost quarter of the screen it becomes unresponsive. I am unable to scroll on whatever window I have open or click any buttons and clicking...
  5. Bottom right of screen is unresponsive Windows 11

Bottom right of screen is unresponsive Windows 11: The other day, I noticed that when I placed my cursor anywhere inside the bottom right corner of my screen about the bottom half and rightmost quarter of the screen it becomes unresponsive. I am unable to scroll on whatever window I have open or click any buttons and clicking...
  6. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  7. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  8. Stupid activation error in my bottom right screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stupid activation error in my bottom right screen: I keep trying to activate my windows but it keeps sending me an error, even when I try to troubleshoot and when I try to follow directions to fix it it wont work EITHER. So PLEASE help me out here....
  9. Windows Activation bar in the bottom right

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation bar in the bottom right: So I bought this laptop on Facebook marketplace two years ago and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled with an activation key and ID already in the system, but when I went to create my own Microsoft account as the user account literally 3 months passed and I started getting...
  10. Saying Activate Windows in bottom right hand corner.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Saying Activate Windows in bottom right hand corner.: I have recently had to change my motherboard on my pc and windows and today when I logged onto my pc I had to use my windows password rather than my pin for my pc. It is also now saying activate windows in the corner of my screen even though I had a licence for windows and it...