Windows 10: Activate Windows issue

Discus and support Activate Windows issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer states that I need to "Activate Windows" but I purchased this computer 18 month's ago from a local builder who did not give me the product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillBrocato, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Activate Windows issue

My computer states that I need to "Activate Windows" but I purchased this computer 18 month's ago from a local builder who did not give me the product code and now is no longer in business and have no way of contacting him.

I continue to receive Windows 10 updates and they install correctly but I am limited in what I can do in Windows.

How can I retrieve my product code from the computer or what is your suggestion?

Thank you

William Brocato

:)

BillBrocato, Apr 15, 2020

2. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Activate Windows issue

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows issue

1. Activate Windows issue - Similar Threads - Activate issue

2. Windows 11 activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation issue: I bought HP device a year ago which had windows 11 home single use installed now the windows license is expired so I purchased new product key windows11 home from Microsoft.com I received the new product key from Microsoft but when I tried to activate it is is giving me error...
  3. Windows 11 activation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 activation issue: I bought HP device a year ago which had windows 11 home single use installed now the windows license is expired so I purchased new product key windows11 home from Microsoft.com I received the new product key from Microsoft but when I tried to activate it is is giving me error...
  4. Activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation issue: please find attached error imageThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-issue/948ce95b-6811-4fa7-94fd-e0e465b95e67
  5. Activation issue

Activation issue: please find attached error imageThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-issue/948ce95b-6811-4fa7-94fd-e0e465b95e67
  6. Activation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Issue: Hello,I am suddenly receiving an "Activate Windows" message on my W10 computer. I purchased a digital license in 2022, and have had no issues since - but suddenly it is stating it cannot communicate with activation servers and my windows version is no longer active:Are the...
  8. Windows Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Issue: Hello,I am suddenly receiving an "Activate Windows" message on my W10 computer. I purchased a digital license in 2022, and have had no issues since - but suddenly it is stating it cannot communicate with activation servers and my windows version is no longer active:Are the...
  9. Windows Activation Issue

10. Windows Enterprise LTSC activate issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Enterprise LTSC activate issue: Hi,May I inquire if there is a downgrade policy applicable to all Microsoft products? I have heard that it is possible to downgrade to three earlier versions. Is there any documentation available for reference? I have a customer who purchased Windows Enterprise LTSC 2021 but...