Windows 10: ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years

Discus and support ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi - an ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years of using the computer with no issues. just out of the blue - i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobDrex, Oct 28, 2019.

1. RobDrex Win User

ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years

Hi - an ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years of using the computer with no issues. just out of the blue - i have added nothing of consequence regarding hardware. i do not have a written key (ii guess it was digital)

any advice?

thanks

rob

:)

RobDrex, Oct 28, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 28, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 28, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

Thema:

1. ACTIVATE WINDOWS message appears after no changes to computer and after 2 years - Similar Threads - ACTIVATE message appears

2. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  3. Activate Windows watermark randomly appears after almost 10 years?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows watermark randomly appears after almost 10 years?: I got Win 10 Pro as a free upgrade from my college almost 10 years ago and the watermark for activating windows randomly just showed up. The weird part is that when I try to go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation it seems to be trying to load something that never...
  4. New Error Message "Activate Windows" 4 years after purchase of a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Error Message "Activate Windows" 4 years after purchase of a new computer: Hi, I had purchased a new HP computer in 2017 and this week,on 3/22/21, I started getting a message on the screen, "ActivateWindows". When I go to settings to activate, I get an error message inred, "we can't activate because you don't have valid digital license or aproduct...
  5. Activate Windows after 2 years

Activate Windows after 2 years: I bought my pc from a reputable retailer 2 years ago and activated Windows at that time Today I woke my computer from hibernation, and there's a permanent message on the screen telling me to activate Windows Why is it asking me to do that? I've already activated it I...
  6. Activate Windows message after hardware change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows message after hardware change: So back in December I finally upgraded from Win7 to Win10 using the free update Windows provides (downloaded an exe called MediaCreationTool20H2 from their website) and it upgraded my OS no problem. Yesterday I installed my new motherboard and afterwards its now asking me to...
  7. Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade

Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade: I have an OEM Windows7 on this Toshiba Laptop which was upgraded for free to Windows10 in 2017. Suddenly and recently the Activate Windows watermark came up. Many hours of troubleshooting later Microsoft Support are telling me I have to revert to Windows7 or go and buy...
  8. Activate Windows message keeps re-appearing even after activation

Activate Windows message keeps re-appearing even after activation: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a HP laptop and the last couple of weeks the "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows" keeps re-appearing every few days - even though I go an re-activate it under Settings. My windows 10 is valid and there has been no hardware...
  9. Activation Error after 2 years

Activation Error after 2 years: I've got a problem with my windows license key. I don't have one because i bought my pc few years ago so i probably throwed it away. Now after around 2.5 years my pc shows me a communicate "Your windows is not activated, go to settings..." but i can't do anything without a...
  10. Windows 10 activation expires after 2 years ?

Windows 10 activation expires after 2 years ?: Hi, I have upgraded my windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 over 2 years ago . Since yesterday I get the message that my windows license expires and that I have to Activate it. When I look at the activation settings it says "Windows is activated using your organization's...