Windows 10: activate windows on new laptop

Discus and support activate windows on new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think there is supposed to be a pre installed activation number with my new laptop, but I can't activate Windows...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hunter_S, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Hunter_S Win User

activate windows on new laptop

I think there is supposed to be a pre installed activation number with my new laptop, but I can't activate Windows...

:)

Hunter_S, Jan 12, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Problem with activation on New Windows 10 Laptop

Hello Necrosis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Is that new laptop came with Windows 10 Pre-installed?
    • Is this message appearing since from the purchase?
    • Do you remember any changes to the laptop made this to happen?
    If you bought a new device running Windows 10, it will automatically activate when you connect your device to the Internet. If the activation servers are busy, you might need to wait a while for Windows to activate.

To check activation status, select the Start
    activate windows on new laptop [​IMG]
    button,
    then select
    Settings > Update & security > Activation.

Note

• In some cases, you might need to enter the Windows 10 product key that came with the device packaging, or included as a card or on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the device.

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the below article and see if they help you.

How to find your Windows 10 product key

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

Activation in Windows 10

Give us above details, if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 12, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. activate windows on new laptop - Similar Threads - activate laptop

2. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  3. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  4. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...
  5. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...
  6. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  7. Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...

Laptop keeps crashing and i keep getting License Activation slui.exe failed with the...: License Activation slui.exe failed with the following error code:hr=0xC004F074Command-line...
  8. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  9. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  10. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation