Windows 10: Activate Windows - Out of nowhere

Discus and support Activate Windows - Out of nowhere in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have probably owned this PC for about a year now, bought it off someone on facebook. I use it for work and college but mainly gaming, and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zechariah D., Jul 19, 2020.

1. Activate Windows - Out of nowhere

I have probably owned this PC for about a year now, bought it off someone on facebook. I use it for work and college but mainly gaming, and this activation error popped up for the first time as of today, 7/19/2020. I have tried retrieving the activation key via command prompt but seems to not show me a key. I have also tried looking under Update & Security but am receiving this error:

We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization's support person. Error code: 0x8007007B

I also want to add that upon restarting the computer, and updating etc the watermark disappears for an unknown amount of time, seems to be completely random. Not sure if this could be a virus or not. Once again I purchased this online from someone on facebook, no clue why this "key" is tied to an organization. Then again I wouldn't expect much from someone on facebook to not scam me either if this is the case.

Edit: Tried using command prompt again to retrieve key by using wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

only returns as oa3xoriginalproductkey

:)

Zechariah D., Jul 19, 2020

2. windows activation

Hi Micah,

Check the list of error codes
    here
    and follow the suggested steps to resolve it. If the error code isn't in the list, kindly send us the exact error code. You may attach a screenshot of the error. By the way, how did you get your copy of Windows 10? I suggest that you refer to this

link
    for ways on how to activate Windows 10 depending on how you got your copy of Windows.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Activate Windows - Out of nowhere

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Activate Windows - Out of nowhere

1. Activate Windows - Out of nowhere - Similar Threads - Activate nowhere

2. Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere: Hello,So everything was fine with my PC until today. This morning I found out that the logo in the lower right side of my screen with prompt to activate windows has appeared. When I go to the Activation page in Settings there’s an error message stating:“We can’t activate...
  3. Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation appeared out of nowhere: Hello,So everything was fine with my PC until today. This morning I found out that the logo in the lower right side of my screen with prompt to activate windows has appeared. When I go to the Activation page in Settings there’s an error message stating:“We can’t activate...
  4. "Activate Windows" I've used Windows 11 for 2 months now and it popped up out of nowhere....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Activate Windows" I've used Windows 11 for 2 months now and it popped up out of nowhere....: I've used Windows 11 for about 2 months now and activate windows just popped up out of no where after having my pc for about a year now never had this problem, this just started happening after my GPU got dislodged while I was playing and I put it back in....
  5. "Activate Windows" I've used Windows 11 for 2 months now and it popped up out of nowhere....

"Activate Windows" I've used Windows 11 for 2 months now and it popped up out of nowhere....: I've used Windows 11 for about 2 months now and activate windows just popped up out of no where after having my pc for about a year now never had this problem, this just started happening after my GPU got dislodged while I was playing and I put it back in....
  6. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  7. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  8. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

9. Laptop asking me to activate windows out of nowhere

Laptop asking me to activate windows out of nowhere: I have an acer predator since 2018 which came with windows 10 preinstalled obviously and I have not done anything to the OS like reinstalling some pirated version, changing licence key or even dual booting because I was scared what would happen to the current licence. Since a...
  10. Laptop asking me to activate windows out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop asking me to activate windows out of nowhere: I have an acer predator since 2018 which came with windows 10 preinstalled obviously and I have not done anything to the OS like reinstalling some pirated version, changing licence key or even dual booting because I was scared what would happen to the current licence. Since a...