Windows 10: Activate Windows stuck on screen even though i own it?

Discus and support Activate Windows stuck on screen even though i own it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been running windows 10 OS since it came out. Just a week ago i purchased a new processor and motherboard. and as soon as i logged in I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dawning., Apr 14, 2019.

1. Dawning. Win User

Activate Windows stuck on screen even though i own it?

I have been running windows 10 OS since it came out. Just a week ago i purchased a new processor and motherboard. and as soon as i logged in I got a text at the bottom right of my screen saying "Activate Windows". I have tried going to settings and seeing whats up but for some reason it seems like my computer doesnt think i have the full version of windows or something like that? It is really annoying and I also no longer have the cd to install windows.

:)

Dawning., Apr 14, 2019
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksActivate Windows stuck on screen even though i own it? :)

Hendry, Apr 14, 2019
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows installation stuck at black screen with blue windows 10 logo

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

• Is Windows 10 activated in your computer?
    • Have you tried the steps suggested by Ankit?
    • Are you able to go to desktop?

Please answer these questions to assist you better. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Activate Windows stuck on screen even though i own it? - Similar Threads - Activate stuck screen

2. cant get permisson from trustedinstaller even though i own it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant get permisson from trustedinstaller even though i own it: I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 and I'm trying to delete my winows.old folder. When attempting to delete it says that it requires permission from trustedinstaller to edit the file. I have taken ownership of the trustedinstaller application in my new install of...
  3. Forza 7 unable to download even though I own it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza 7 unable to download even though I own it: As per the title really. I own a copy of Forza 7 and went to redownload it, but the download button has been removed from the PC Xbox store. Any one know how I can play this agian...
  4. Forza 7 unable to download even though I own it

Forza 7 unable to download even though I own it: As per the title really. I own a copy of Forza 7 and went to redownload it, but the download button has been removed from the PC Xbox store. Any one know how I can play this agian...
  5. I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.: I activated windows on this PC around 4 years ago, and I've had this watermark for a few months now. I have attempted troubleshooting the problem without any results. I brought the question to reddit, where I was directed to Microsoft support, which also didn't help me. When...
  6. Asked to buy Minecraft Windows 10 even though I already own it.

Asked to buy Minecraft Windows 10 even though I already own it.: Hey guys just a small issue. I can play the full game, Minecraft Windows 10, and when I go to manage my realm fro the realm tab it brings me to the microsoft store in which it tells me to buy the game, even though I own it. I'm 99% sure that I got this version for free from...
  7. I got minecraft windows 10 and it is not installing even though it saids that i owned it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I got minecraft windows 10 and it is not installing even though it saids that i owned it.: I bought Minecraft once before, but it was for a different Microsoft account that is not the same one that my pc is using. It worked for a bit at the start and then after a bit even after loading it up it doesn't finish the initial loading screen, so I uninstall it and I...
  8. Activating windows even though it came activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows even though it came activated?: This is a very strange question, I know. About a year and a half ago I upgraded to an SSD to get my games to run faster, and had my friend install it for me. Tonight, I went to go update some settings and realized it said "You need to activate Windows before you can...
  9. Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says it's activated even though I haven't activated it: How did this happen? It actually keeps crashing as well, might be relevant. submitted by /u/RGBonmyeverything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiaikb/windows_says_its_activated_even_though_i_havent/
  10. Can't delete a file even though I own it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file even though I own it: I recently installed some kind of virus onto my computer that runs these programs that make my laptop overheat very quickly and sometimes play random music. I figured out the location of these programs, located in two folders in Local Disk C: and have tried to delete them....