Windows 10: Activate windows watermark after getting new motherboard and losing windows 10

Discus and support Activate windows watermark after getting new motherboard and losing windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I lost my windows 10 a while ago from getting a new motherboard and have had the damn activate windows watermark ruining my experience in some games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinStauts, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Activate windows watermark after getting new motherboard and losing windows 10

I lost my windows 10 a while ago from getting a new motherboard and have had the damn activate windows watermark ruining my experience in some games due to it changing sizes and sometimes taking up about a ninth of my tv screen. I tried changing it in the registry editor to remove it, but it came back. Is there anyway to remove it permanently? I am tired of seeing it and have no clue when I will get a new windows 10 code from my tech guy.

:)

KevinStauts, Mar 23, 2019
  2. mshimala Win User

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Activate windows watermark after getting new motherboard and losing windows 10

Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        Activate windows watermark after getting new motherboard and losing windows 10 c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Activate windows watermark after getting new motherboard and losing windows 10

1. Activate windows watermark after getting new motherboard and losing windows 10 - Similar Threads - Activate watermark getting

2. Windows refuses to activate after getting new motherboard/CPU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows refuses to activate after getting new motherboard/CPU: I recently upgrade my motherboard and CPU in my PC. Naturally Windows started complaining that it wasn't activated, specifically it says:"Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: C004F211Fair enough, it has. So I followed the instructions...
  3. Windows refuses to activate after getting new motherboard/CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows refuses to activate after getting new motherboard/CPU: I recently upgrade my motherboard and CPU in my PC. Naturally Windows started complaining that it wasn't activated, specifically it says:"Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: C004F211Fair enough, it has. So I followed the instructions...
  4. Windows refuses to activate after getting new motherboard/CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. getting watermark to activate windows

getting watermark to activate windows: Have had windows 10 since the free upgrade when it was released in 2015. In the past week there is a water mark saying to activate windows. I have tried to enter the product key that is on this computer and am told it is not good. I think this happened when the lastest update...
  6. Activate Windows watermark after changing my Motherboard

Activate Windows watermark after changing my Motherboard: After I changed my motherboard activate windows watermark popped up tried to use troubleshoot, didn't work and I don't know the product key. The error code is 0xc0ea000a...
  7. Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard

Windows 10 will not activate after installing new motherboard: Hello, I originally got my Windows 10 Pro licence as a free upgrade from Windows 7. I recently got a new motherboard for my PC after years of using an older one and upon rebooting Windows informed me that it was no longer active. I followed the troubleshooter, eventually...
  8. Installed new Motherboard and now I get a Activate Windows watermark. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed new Motherboard and now I get a Activate Windows watermark. What should I do?: The question above the body explains everything. The MOBO I previously had was getting old and needed to be replaced. Everything works fine, but I keep getting warnings that I need to activate windows. I don't have the product key (that was a long time ago when Windows 10...
  9. Windows Activation after new motherboard

Windows Activation after new motherboard: Recently upgraded my gaming rig with a new motherboard and CPU. All was good for about 5 hours of gaming and browsing, when all of a sudden, I got the "Activate Windows" message pinned in the bottom right of my screen. I tried to activate via "I've upgraded my pc components"...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Activation after New Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro Activation after New Motherboard: my old motherboard died and I just replaced it. not I cant activate windows and it is not associated with my windows account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-after-new-motherboard/0ab7a027-21a8-4a2c-8e17-7707b39c057c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows watermark after upgrade