Windows 10: "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use

Discus and support "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermarked appeared out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NovaStorm32, May 17, 2019.

1. "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use

I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermarked appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.

I have not done any hardware changes, and this happened after an "Update and Restart" That I did to reset my computer, because of a memory leak that was slowing a game down.

:)

NovaStorm32, May 17, 2019

2. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, May 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

"Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 17, 2019
Thema:

"Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use

1. "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped up after years of Windows 10 use - Similar Threads - Activate watermark randomly

2. "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped for no reason after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped for no reason after the latest windows update: Sometimes the message pops up the moment i boot up my pc, sometimes it doesn't show up until hours later while using it and i don't know what's wrong, pls help...
  3. "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped for no reason after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped for no reason after the latest windows update: Sometimes the message pops up the moment i boot up my pc, sometimes it doesn't show up until hours later while using it and i don't know what's wrong, pls help...
  4. "Activate Windows" watermark randomly popped for no reason after the latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.: i was watching youtube and then randomly an activate windows water mark randomly popped up in the corner. ive been using this pc for a year with no problems at all. i just wanted to know if anyone can help....
  6. 'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Activate Windows' water mark randomly popped up after a year of use.: i was watching youtube and then randomly an activate windows water mark randomly popped up in the corner. ive been using this pc for a year with no problems at all. i just wanted to know if anyone can help....
  7. Activate Windows watermark randomly appears after almost 10 years?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows watermark randomly appears after almost 10 years?: I got Win 10 Pro as a free upgrade from my college almost 10 years ago and the watermark for activating windows randomly just showed up. The weird part is that when I try to go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation it seems to be trying to load something that never...
  8. Activate Windows watermark pops up

Activate Windows watermark pops up: Since yesterday, I have encountered an issue where after about an hour or two of use a watermark pops up that says to activate windows. When I tried using the troubleshoot tool, it says "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To...
  9. Random Activate Windows watermark?

Random Activate Windows watermark?: On oct 15th, i i updated my PC. It used to be a windows 10 home edition, but now is stating it is a PRO edition and is asking for activation. Support Has beenll but useless as any issues related to activation bring me through a neverending loop of automated phone bots (curse...
  10. Activate Windows Message Popped up after using Windows 10 for a couple of Years

Activate Windows Message Popped up after using Windows 10 for a couple of Years: Hi, I have recently had the 'Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate windows' message pop up on the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I've had the free upgrade to Windows 10 for a couple of years now with no issue and not too sure why this has happened now? Can...