Windows 10: "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

Discus and support "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 (9380) which came with a Windows 10 Home edition. All was working well, I activated it and this went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by martzoukos, Jul 3, 2019.

1. "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

Hello there,

I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 (9380) which came with a Windows 10 Home edition.

All was working well, I activated it and this went through successfully.

I then decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (as I wanted the Hyper-V option for running Docker) and went to buy it from the Microsoft Store app. I paid the 145€ for this and the update went through also successfully (my Setting > Activation page tells me I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed) but now I can't Activate it!

I tried clicking on the Troubleshoot link but this is telling me that it can't perform the Activation and is giving me some links to visit. Even worse, I'm getting this "Activate windows" watermark at the bottom right edge of the screen and I can't do any personalization.

How can I fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

:)

martzoukos, Jul 3, 2019

2. Why Windows 10 pro Insider Preview shows a watermark even it is activated?

Original Title: Windows 10 pro Insider Preview

Hi,

my windows 10 pro activated but watermark windows 10 pro insider preview evaluation copy. Build 10565 show me on desktop after update insider preview.

please help me.

thanks & regards

ShraddhaSaburii, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

"Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

"Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

1. "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though - Similar Threads - Activate watermark showing

2. Activate Windows Watermark

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows Watermark: I recently upgraded my motherboard, ram, and CPU and now I'm getting a "Activate Windows" watermark. When I go to settings it states I need to purchase a windows 10 product key. I do own a copy of windows 7 and I upgraded for free a while back. According to my Microsoft...
  3. Activate Windows Watermark Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Windows Watermark Help: I have the activate windows watermark in the bottom right of my screen and have a genuine copy of windows. After having a look I found out it is because I have windows 10 pro installed when my copy should only be home. Im happy to downgrade to remove the watermark but it...
  4. Windows 10 "Activate Windows" watermark on the screen

Windows 10 "Activate Windows" watermark on the screen: Hi installed Windows 10 back when Microsoft was offering a free download of the software. I recently had a computer built for me and had my harddrive cloned into the the new computer. Now I get the annoying watermark and a message that my version of Windows 10 is invalid and...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Activation and Test Mode Watermark.

Windows 10 Pro Activation and Test Mode Watermark.: A users machine has been upgraded from windows 10 to Pro. The process went smoothly according to my IT colleague and bitlocker has been turned on, however the user is getting the message that Windows needs activating and as of today TEST MODE has appeared as a watermark. We...
  6. Activate Windows stuck on screen even though i own it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Activate Windows stuck on screen even though i own it?: I have been running windows 10 OS since it came out. Just a week ago i purchased a new processor and motherboard. and as soon as i logged in I got a text at the bottom right of my screen saying "Activate Windows". I have tried going to settings and seeing whats up but for...
  7. Activate Windows watermark

Activate Windows watermark: My Windows 10 is showing in settings as properly activated but I have a screen watermark "Activate Windows/Go to settings". The pc was purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to 10, I recently had the HDD cloned to a SDD and the message has appeared since that was done....
  8. Watermark says: Activate Windows

Watermark says: Activate Windows: Hi, I just can't understand what's going on with Windows 10 the Activation process. I did a free upgrade from Windows 8.1 (valid product key) to Windows 10 Pro over a year ago. Now I'm told to activate windows. Yesterday the message said I have a valid digital license...
  9. Windows 10 Pro digital license - "Activate Windows" watermark

Windows 10 Pro digital license - "Activate Windows" watermark: A few months ago I upgraded my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade promotion. For the first few months I experienced absolutely zero problems. A few days ago, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared on my screen. Upon checking my activation settings I got a...
  10. Activate Windows Watermark - Activation failed?

Activate Windows Watermark - Activation failed?: Hello everyone, This is my first post in this forum.So I have a HP notebook which had came up with preinstalled win 8.1 Single Language.I waited when windows 10 upgrade notification started coming up until today I upgraded. Since I have a very low Speed...