Windows 10: "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

Discus and support "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 (9380) which came with a Windows 10 Home edition. All was working well, I activated it and this went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by martzoukos, Jul 3, 2019.

1. "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

Hello there,

I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 (9380) which came with a Windows 10 Home edition.

All was working well, I activated it and this went through successfully.

I then decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (as I wanted the Hyper-V option for running Docker) and went to buy it from the Microsoft Store app. I paid the 145€ for this and the update went through also successfully (my Setting > Activation page tells me I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed) but now I can't Activate it!

I tried clicking on the Troubleshoot link but this is telling me that it can't perform the Activation and is giving me some links to visit. Even worse, I'm getting this "Activate windows" watermark at the bottom right edge of the screen and I can't do any personalization.

How can I fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

:)

martzoukos, Jul 3, 2019

2. Why Windows 10 pro Insider Preview shows a watermark even it is activated?

Original Title: Windows 10 pro Insider Preview

Hi,

my windows 10 pro activated but watermark windows 10 pro insider preview evaluation copy. Build 10565 show me on desktop after update insider preview.

please help me.

thanks & regards

ShraddhaSaburii, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

"Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

"Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

1. "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though - Similar Threads - Activate watermark showing

2. Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark: I have an HP all-in-one. Bought in 2016 with Win 8. It was connected to the internet and activated. Then it was updated to Win 10. and all available updates at that time were loaded. After that it was relocated to a remote location where there is no internet vailable.After...
  3. Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark: I have an HP all-in-one. Bought in 2016 with Win 8. It was connected to the internet and activated. Then it was updated to Win 10. and all available updates at that time were loaded. After that it was relocated to a remote location where there is no internet vailable.After...
  4. Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.: I built a PC about a month ago, and activated windows using the key that I bought. For whatever reason, the other day it started showing the watermark every time I started the computer. Now it shows up after I have been on my PC for a while. It is really frustrating and I...
  5. Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.

Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.: I built a PC about a month ago, and activated windows using the key that I bought. For whatever reason, the other day it started showing the watermark every time I started the computer. Now it shows up after I have been on my PC for a while. It is really frustrating and I...
  6. Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't remove watermark even though Windows 10 is activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove watermark even though Windows 10 is activated.: Hello! On my desktop is displayed my build number of Windows.I've looked it up on how to remove it.I used Universal Watermark remover which partially fixed the problem.Still "C:\Windows" is left. Here is a screenshot:Thanks to anyone who helps!...
  8. Can't remove watermark even though Windows 10 is activated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove watermark even though Windows 10 is activated.: Hello! On my desktop is displayed my build number of Windows.I've looked it up on how to remove it.I used Universal Watermark remover which partially fixed the problem.Still "C:\Windows" is left. Here is a screenshot:Thanks to anyone who helps!...
  9. Can't remove watermark even though Windows 10 is activated.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.

I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.: I activated windows on this PC around 4 years ago, and I've had this watermark for a few months now. I have attempted troubleshooting the problem without any results. I brought the question to reddit, where I was directed to Microsoft support, which also didn't help me. When...