Windows 10: "Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared

Discus and support "Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I noticed about a week ago my windows is suddenly not activated anymore. I bought this PC from someone who built it from scratch and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobinM8, Aug 14, 2021.

1. RobinM8 Win User

"Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared

So I noticed about a week ago my windows is suddenly not activated anymore. I bought this PC from someone who built it from scratch and installed windows pro on it themselves, I don't know the product key but it should be a full version and it worked fine up till now.I've tried restarting, and I've read this article but the causes for my error code don't really seem to apply to me unless something weird is going on.The only things I've changed on my PC in the past week or two is that I updated two group policy settings so that it doesn't auto restart after updating my PC is up to date thoug

:)

RobinM8, Aug 14, 2021

2. Activate Windows watermark suddenly appeared

No changes have been made to the hardware, and I've had this laptop for nearly two years. This morning, a watermark appeared in the bottom right corner of my screen telling me to activate windows.

On the activation page in settings it tells me I don't have a valid digital license or product key, with the error code "0xc004f012".

It also suggests that I try the troubleshooter below, which then tells me that troubleshooting was interrupted and gives the error code "0xc3f6501".

jonnydimaline, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @Echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        "Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 14, 2021
  4. "Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared

Activate Windows watermark suddenly appeared

Hello, I'm sorry to have wasted people's time, and I feel kind of stupid now, but I just reset my computer, and everything was fixed: the watermark disappeared, windows is activated again.

jonnydimaline, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

"Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared

1. "Activate Windows" Watermark Suddenly Appeared - Similar Threads - Activate Watermark Suddenly

2. Activate Watermark appears

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Watermark appears: An activate windows window has started to appear on the bottom right. It will go away after a restart but eventually comes back. I have dropped my Script Host but the URLs provided to reactivate led me no where. I haven't changed any hardware recently so I'm a little lost......
  3. Activate Watermark appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Watermark appears: An activate windows window has started to appear on the bottom right. It will go away after a restart but eventually comes back. I have dropped my Script Host but the URLs provided to reactivate led me no where. I haven't changed any hardware recently so I'm a little lost......
  4. Activate Watermark appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows watermark appeared out of nowhere: I've been using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now, and just recently, while playing a new game, the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared out of nowhere. I've tried multiple things already, and nothing is helping my case.I cant even change the product key, when i try to do...
  6. Activate Windows watermark suddenly appearing after recent windows update

Activate Windows watermark suddenly appearing after recent windows update: As the title suggests. After a recent windows update the "Activate Windows. Go to Settings to Activate Windows" watermark starts displaying itself after a while of my computer being on. I've had this computer for roughly 7 years and have never seen this watermark pop up ever....
  7. Activate windows watermark appeared all of a sudden.

Activate windows watermark appeared all of a sudden.: I activated my windows a few years back. sadly, that e-mail has long been lost, my mistake. However, today, the "activate windows: go to settings, to activate windows" watermark appeared on my screen. The CMd tells me that my windows key should not be able to expire, and even...
  8. Why has a windows activation watermark appeared suddenly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why has a windows activation watermark appeared suddenly?: I have been using my PC for about a year straight. First, I didn’t build this, it was a gift from my uncle and these past 2 weeks it has been acting quite strange with app crashes and files randomly going missing but I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was just...
  9. Activate windows watermark randomly appeared

Activate windows watermark randomly appeared: So, im running windows 10, Then randomly all of a sudden, The windows activate watermark appears, i tried troubleshooting the issue, It came up with, "Something intrrupted are troubleshooting, try in a few minutes 0x8007000d" I also cant factory reset because it says "we...
  10. Activate Windows watermark suddenly appeared

Activate Windows watermark suddenly appeared: No changes have been made to the hardware, and I've had this laptop for nearly two years. This morning, a watermark appeared in the bottom right corner of my screen telling me to activate windows. On the activation page in settings it tells me I don't have a valid digital...