Windows 10: activate windows. why doe sthis keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK

Discus and support activate windows. why doe sthis keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; activate windows. why does this keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kenneth R Taylor, Oct 12, 2019.

1. activate windows. why doe sthis keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK

activate windows. why does this keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK

:)

Kenneth R Taylor, Oct 12, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Oct 12, 2019
  3. tigger Win User

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Oct 12, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

activate windows. why doe sthis keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

activate windows. why doe sthis keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK

1. activate windows. why doe sthis keep showing on my screen when windows pro is working OK - Similar Threads - activate why doe

2. my order history does not show activation key for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my order history does not show activation key for windows 10 pro: my order history does not show activation key for windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-order-history-does-not-show-activation-key-for/dd0ea073-102b-4945-b0db-8115d40de0cf
  3. Why does my screen keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen keep freezing?: I dont know if i have too old computer parts, but what happens is basically that randomly, for a few seconds my mouse starts lagging, my apps zooms out and everything freezes for about 3-5 seconds before returning back to normal, is this becuase of outdated parts or too high...
  4. Why does my screen keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my screen keep freezing?: I dont know if i have too old computer parts, but what happens is basically that randomly, for a few seconds my mouse starts lagging, my apps zooms out and everything freezes for about 3-5 seconds before returning back to normal, is this becuase of outdated parts or too high...
  5. Why does the "windows needs to be activated" window keep popping up, if the Activation in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the "windows needs to be activated" window keep popping up, if the Activation in...: This window keeps popping up on my screen saying that the windows license is about to expire and that i need to activate windows, but when i go to the activation settings it says "state: active"? It has not shown up in a few minutes but why did i get the notification in the...
  6. Why does the "windows needs to be activated" window keep popping up, if the Activation in...

Why does the "windows needs to be activated" window keep popping up, if the Activation in...: This window keeps popping up on my screen saying that the windows license is about to expire and that i need to activate windows, but when i go to the activation settings it says "state: active"? It has not shown up in a few minutes but why did i get the notification in the...
  7. why my computer show "Activate windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my computer show "Activate windows": my computer is show error code 0xC004F074 and then i try to find my product key in my computer but last Product key doesn't match product how i fix my computer and find my type to install...
  8. why my computer show "Activate windows"

why my computer show "Activate windows": my computer is show error code 0xC004F074 and then i try to find my product key in my computer but last Product key doesn't match product how i fix my computer and find my type to install...
  9. why my computer show "Activate windows"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Why does my screen get all pixelated when a video is showing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my screen get all pixelated when a video is showing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dumbasses_Unite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4l8wx/why_does_my_screen_get_all_pixelated_when_a_video/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is activate windows... on my screen