Windows 10: Activated Win Photo Viewer Its defaulted to all my Icon, Ani & Cursors

Discus and support Activated Win Photo Viewer Its defaulted to all my Icon, Ani & Cursors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I Activated Windows Photo Viewer from a Forum as I do not like the “Photo” App that is defaulted in Windows Ten and now Photo Viewer keeps trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dasha, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Dasha Win User

Activated Win Photo Viewer Its defaulted to all my Icon, Ani & Cursors

Hi I Activated Windows Photo Viewer from a Forum as I do not like the “Photo” App that is defaulted in Windows Ten and now Photo Viewer keeps trying to default open any ANI ICon or Cursor File ?

All the Icons I had Downloaded to my Downloads > New Icons Folder / over time won’t open anymore from Eg:

“Folder Right Click > Properties > Right click> Change Icon > click Browse then Downloads > New Icons” and I choose an Icon from the opened new Icons Folder

Instead the folder opens and they all have the Photo Viewer Icons on them' but if I try and select a random open anIicon with Photo Viewer it will open in Photo Viewer just that Icon I had clicked on and that's it ?

The same is for all my Cursors and Ani Files says Photo Viewer Cannot open this file

I cannot change Mouse Pointer or Cursors (ANI) Can Someone give me some advice please Regards

:)

Dasha, Dec 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Set Windows Photo Viewer as default to open photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set window photo viewer as default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Control Panel and under View by change it to
      Small Icons.

• Click on Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs

• Click on Windows Photo Viewer from the Left pane and click on
      Choose Defaults for this program.

• Select all the formats available from the list and click on
      Save and click Ok.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Taras Win User

Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

I'm not making any headway on answers.Microsoft.com so I'm hoping the experts here can explain why I cannot replace the Photos app with Windows Photo Viewer as the default image viewer (in build 10240). From all outward appearances, it seems Windows Photo Viewer is unavailable.

The saga is explained in detailed words and colorful pictures here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...2-83ece717ddfb

If that's too tl;dr for you, here are the bullet points:

• Windows Photo Viewer is never listed as an option when using "Open with".
    • "Open with" lets you browse the disk and manually select the desired program. I navigated to "\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer" but it contains no program there other than "Imaging Devices" (wrong). Choosing "PhotoViewer.dll" produces an error message.
    • In Control Panel's "Default Program", Windows Photo Viewer is shown to be associated with TIF files and nothing else. Attempts to set JPG to use Windows Photo Viewer fail because, again, its program folder only contains "Imaging Devices" (and the dll).

In an attempt to fix this problem, I used the "nuclear option" and Reset the PC. After Windows 10 (TH1 10240) reinstalled itself, I still couldn't select Windows Photo Viewer to be the default image viewer.

Suggestions to fix this?

Taras, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Activated Win Photo Viewer Its defaulted to all my Icon, Ani & Cursors - Similar Threads - Activated Photo Viewer

2. Uninstall Windows Photo Viewer and all its residue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Windows Photo Viewer and all its residue.: Windows Photo Viewer was deprecated when Windows 8 released & hidden by default when Windows 10 released but Microsoft doesn't offer an official way to uninstall/remove the app from the system. Any manual forced removal attempt leaves residue files, be it in File Explorer or...
  3. Uninstall Windows Photo Viewer and all its residue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Windows Photo Viewer and all its residue.: Windows Photo Viewer was deprecated when Windows 8 released & hidden by default when Windows 10 released but Microsoft doesn't offer an official way to uninstall/remove the app from the system. Any manual forced removal attempt leaves residue files, be it in File Explorer or...
  4. All icons changed to icon of Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    All icons changed to icon of Windows Photo Viewer: Hello, I was having problems with Photos app of Windows 10. So, I decided to find a way to Windows Photo Viewer of Windows 7. I found a way by editing the registry. It completed successfully with no any problems and I was able to switch to the photo viewer of Win 7. But...
  5. how to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default: How can I set Windows Photo Viewer as my default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-windows-photo-viewer-as-my-default/4aaf2fed-d399-4a0f-8d22-afb25d15ee5c
  6. An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos: Hello Sir, My name is Ronak Savla, I have windows 10 pro, I get an problem as I start my computer for some work, I see the default app is changed from windows photo viewer which I installed as an registry file and it changes to default photo app. Can you give me any...
  7. Win 10 Photo viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Photo viewer: Win 10 Photo Viewer/Editor works ONLY when Onedrive is "turned-on". Photo V./Editor switches on the goes to a green screen w/various error msg.'s .. Why do I need Onedrive on and the "Sync" service on in order to keep Photo Viewer/Editor keep operating as "usual"; as when I...
  8. Activated Win Photo Viwer Its defaulted to all my Icon, Ani & Cursors

Activated Win Photo Viwer Its defaulted to all my Icon, Ani & Cursors: Hi I Activated Windows Photo Viewer from a Forum as I do not like the “Photo” App that is defaulted in Windows Ten and now Photo Viewer keeps trying to default open any ANI ICon or Cursor File ? All the Icons I had Downloaded to my Downloads > New Icons Folder / over time...
  9. can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't use photo viewer as default viewer anymore (win 10): hi, I always used the photo viewer as the default viewer for all types of images. windows photos is garbage, i mean, using the scroll wheel for switching to the next image instead of zooming? button to see the image's original size hidden in a menu?? what in heaven? not to...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812