Windows 10: Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA

Discus and support Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I Bought a new laptop for my wife with windows 10 installed. I activated it with the cortana help. My wife did not have a google account and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarindaKnobel, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA

Hi I Bought a new laptop for my wife with windows 10 installed. I activated it with the cortana help. My wife did not have a google account and I activated it on my account, which was a mistake. She now has a googel account . Can I do the setup over with her google account?

:)

MarindaKnobel, Feb 10, 2020

2. Use MSA to activate Windows 10 on a new laptop

I've joined the Insider Program since 11/2014. Now, I have a new old laptop. I install Windows 10 on this laptop, but can't activate. Can I use my MSA to activate Windows 10 on this laptop?

QuangNguyen Le, Feb 10, 2020
  3. dahng Win User
    Windows 10 activated, but it does not show in devices Linked Account?

Thanks for the reply.

It was upgrade from WIN7 retail.

Windows 10 was automatically activated when logged in with MSA.

Under your MSA in a Web browser, there is DEVICES tab.

You will see all the devices attached to your MSA.

It shows other attached DEVICES with the same MSA.

However, if you want to reactivate after motherboard-change, you should be able to see the list of DEVICES attached when you go through ACTIVATION TROUBLSHOOTING.

My new computer says "The previous windows on the device was NEVER activated." This is wrong.

As mentioned, the old laptop clearer states, "Windows 10 is activated linked to MSA."

I do not see any devices listed with the same MSA on Laptop even though I see them in MSA in a web browser.

Thanks for the help.

dahng, Feb 10, 2020
  4. KenMel Win User

Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA

Linking activation to MSA

I know what a digital license is and I know why I want it linked to my MS account (will be upgrading motherboard in a few months). I prefer a local account for personal reasons. That is not my question. If you read steps 1,2,3 in the following: Linking
    activation
    Microsoft gives very clear instructions on how to do this. The problem is in the tenforums.com website Tenforums
    they list 2 ways to do the same thing but using the method from the Microsoft site, it leads you to believe this will cause your Windows log in to switch to your MSA.

I want to know which is correct? I do not want to use my MSA to log into Windows on my home PC.

KenMel, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA

1. Activated windows 10 on new laptop with wrong MSA - Similar Threads - Activated laptop wrong

2. Windows 10 Activation on new Microsoft laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation on new Microsoft laptop: I just bought a new microsoft surface laptop. I cant manage to activate my windows 10 as i cannot find my product key anywhere that I should be able to see it. I have tried calling and getting in touch with somone online for help and nothing has worked. I need certain apps...
  3. Windows 10 pro activation on a new laptop

Windows 10 pro activation on a new laptop: Hello I am helping an uncle of mine to set up his brand new HP Laptop he bought for over £400, which came with Windows 10 Pro - but the system is asking for activation or Product key. Where can I find the windows activation key or product key? Regards...
  4. Windows 10 activation display in new laptop

Windows 10 activation display in new laptop: A month ago I purchased a new Laptop. Windows 10 and Office Standard 2016 installed. Now I am being asked to Activate Windows 10 and also MSWord. And also keeps asking for a product key and displays the error code 0x4004F00C. I have tried to troubleshoot and say MSWord 2016...
  5. Windows 10 activation on new Asus Laptop

Windows 10 activation on new Asus Laptop: Hi, I purchased a new Asus Laptop about a month ago, now to my surprise I am getting a message to activate Windows 10 I dont have any type of product key, I was under the impression that with a new laptop Windows 10 comes pre-installed and therefore does not require to be...
  6. Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?

Windows 10 Activation - Add MSA Account Option?: Hello. I am seeking guidance on setting up my new Windows 10 desktop PC. I would like to - [ATTACH] Link Microsoft Account to Digital License without Switching Local Account to Microsoft Account Back in 2016, I remember Windows 10 providing an option to sign in with...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 on a new laptop

Unable to activate Windows 10 on a new laptop: Hello! I'm trying to transfer my Windows 10 digital license from my old PC to a new laptop and constantly get an error: "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213." The version of my desktop Windows 10 Home is 1803, but when I...
  8. Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop

Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop: Hello, in May 2017 I've bought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Now I'd like to apply that upgrade to my new laptop, but I can't find a way. Could you please help me? Thanks, Francesco...
  9. Active windows 10 on my new laptop

Active windows 10 on my new laptop: Hi, I am using win 10 from 6 years in my hp laptop. Suddenly my laptop got crashed and now I have to buy a new one. In my old laptop, I saw my license is a digital license and it is linked with my Microsoft account. Can I use this same license in my new laptop windows 10...
  10. activate windows on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate windows on new laptop: I think there is supposed to be a pre installed activation number with my new laptop, but I can't activate Windows... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-on-new-laptop/34faf7d4-a87d-49c0-a9e4-a94b4485d14c