Windows 10: Activated Windows 10 Product Key lost in deleted partitions

Discus and support Activated Windows 10 Product Key lost in deleted partitions in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So yesterday my PC was installed with a legit activated version of Windows 10 Pro and unfortunately I ran into some major problems and had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ADG248, Oct 24, 2019.

1. ADG248 Win User

Activated Windows 10 Product Key lost in deleted partitions

So yesterday my PC was installed with a legit activated version of Windows 10 Pro and unfortunately I ran into some major problems and had to completely reinstall Windows.

At this point I'm most concerned about my Windows license. Now my PC is running Windows 10 pro with a whole new product ID and product key, I had to overwrite the partitions to reinstall Windows and now I don't know if I can get that license back.

I'm really not trying to spend $100+ on another Windows 10 license.

I tried looking at my Microsoft account but it only shows my this PC so I can't transfer the product key or anything.

Does Microsoft have a contact email?

:)

ADG248, Oct 24, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 24, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Activated Windows 10 Product Key lost in deleted partitions - Similar Threads - Activated Product Key

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Windows Activation Product Key: Hi There, I recently purchased a download of windows 11 for my new PC from the Microsoft website, I have unfortunately deleted my email with the product key, I can see the purchase in my purchase history online, but I can't find the key. How can I find the key it if I can't...
  3. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Windows Activation Product Key: Hi There, I recently purchased a download of windows 11 for my new PC from the Microsoft website, I have unfortunately deleted my email with the product key, I can see the purchase in my purchase history online, but I can't find the key. How can I find the key it if I can't...
  4. lost Windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost Windows 10 product key: I purchased window 10 from the online store back in 2017 and I am now wanting for a new PC build. I was using it via a virtual machine and no longer have access to that machine. I can't find the original conformation email from Microsoft that has the product key. I do have...
  5. ACTIVATION LOST/MISSING PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ACTIVATION LOST/MISSING PRODUCT KEY: Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2, I have lost product key and Windows no longer activated. I got original product key when purchasing this ASUS laptop about 4 years ago. Also have FLTMGR.SYS error and a host of other problems. Computer is a mess so can barely use...
  6. Windows 10 Product Key Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Product Key Lost: Hello, I restored my laptop due to it running slowly and lost the most current version of Windows 10 Office, that was installed. I can not open my files and can not locate the product key from my in store purchase. How should I proceed?...
  7. Activate Windows 10 if I lost my product Key

Activate Windows 10 if I lost my product Key: Hello I had someone install Windows 10 for me after I had some PC troubles. It now wants me to activate the Windows, but I lost the product key. It was also not installed under my windows login, but the previous version, which was Windows 7, was. What can I do?...
  8. Lost windows 10 product key

Lost windows 10 product key: I re installed windows when upgrading the hardware of my PC and bought a new windows 10 USB thinking id need it which i did not in the end, however now i have to input my product key which i dont have, is there a way to get the product key from the USB i bought? or any other...
  9. Lost Windows product Activation key

Lost Windows product Activation key: Hi, I lost my Window 10 Profession Product key and the information I used to install it including my Hotmail email that I created. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-product-activation-key/77fb36e5-f4f2-457a-93b2-087f00ea53ba
  10. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

Lost Windows Activation Product Key: I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data......