Windows 10: Activated Windows 10 using OEM key bought from ebay. Now I want to reinstall windows, will...

Discus and support Activated Windows 10 using OEM key bought from ebay. Now I want to reinstall windows, will... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do I need to buy a new one? submitted by /u/TheRealKirun [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRealKirun, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Activated Windows 10 using OEM key bought from ebay. Now I want to reinstall windows, will...

/u/TheRealKirun, Mar 29, 2021
  2. aasim1111 Win User

oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Mar 29, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Mar 29, 2021
  4. jsalpha2 Win User

Activated Windows 10 using OEM key bought from ebay. Now I want to reinstall windows, will...

Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Activated Windows 10 using OEM key bought from ebay. Now I want to reinstall windows, will...

1. Activated Windows 10 using OEM key bought from ebay. Now I want to reinstall windows, will... - Similar Threads - Activated using OEM

2. I just bought a activation key for windows on Ebay for 50$ and i wanted to see if they were...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a activation key for windows on Ebay for 50$ and i wanted to see if they were...: What I'm asking because I'm worried But my question is I don't know if this was stolen or not and if the code did work, I'm asking this because there are more than one website and for example G2A, eBay, offerup,Facebook marketplace which I ask A question if I buy a key on a...
  3. I just bought a activation key for windows on Ebay for 50$ and i wanted to see if they were...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just bought a activation key for windows on Ebay for 50$ and i wanted to see if they were...: What I'm asking because I'm worried But my question is I don't know if this was stolen or not and if the code did work, I'm asking this because there are more than one website and for example G2A, eBay, offerup,Facebook marketplace which I ask A question if I buy a key on a...
  4. I just bought a activation key for windows on Ebay for 50$ and i wanted to see if they were...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Activate Windows using OEM Key

Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  6. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  7. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay

Activate Windows 10 Enterprise on a laptop I bought on ebay: I bought this HP notebook on ebay and it is running Windows 10 Enterprise but it asks me to activate this OS. It has a product key and product ID but it asks me to connect to the network company I think that´s the original owner of this computer but of course I don´t have...
  9. Windows 10 Key from eBay

Windows 10 Key from eBay: I have a Windows 10 key that I got off of eBay that was $2. When I checked the Windows Key, it said it was a VOLUME_MAK key, and I have heard that it is illegal to use this type of key at home. Is there any way to change the type? Or do I have to buy the $200 key from the...
  10. Cannot activate reinstalled Windows with OEM key

Cannot activate reinstalled Windows with OEM key: I've reinstalled my Windows 10 Home edition because it was Chinese and I wanted English. Turned out my key was a single-language Chinese key so I've downloaded the Chinese installer to reinstall the original system and activate it so that I can at least have a working...