Windows 10: Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

Discus and support Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm in the process of migrating from a standard SATA drive to an SSD. I'll being using the SSD as my primary boot drive. And I'm wanting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hikerguy6262, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

Hello, I'm in the process of migrating from a standard SATA drive to an SSD. I'll being using the SSD as my primary boot drive. And I'm wanting to install a fresh copy of Win10.I'm pretty certain I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and don't believe I have a product key - just the digital license.Is it possible to download a copy of Win10 and somehow activate it with my current license? If so, can someone outline the steps to take?If this is not possible, I guess I'll be forced to buy a copy of Win10. Thanks,Andy

:)

hikerguy6262, Apr 1, 2022
  2. Jguo65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Apr 1, 2022
  3. Migrating Digitally Licensed Windows 10 to SSD

I am very confused on how to migrate my current OS to my SSD by using the new ISO by Windows. I have installed the ISO onto a flash drive. I have booted the flash drive and it says that I have to go back and start Windows normally and restart the upgrade
    process. What does this mean? Could anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to migrate my OS? Also, my Windows 10 is digitally licensed.

AlexDT3956, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

Andre Da Costa, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

1. Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD - Similar Threads - Activating digital license

2. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  3. Windows 10 Pro's digital license for activating Windows 11 on another SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro's digital license for activating Windows 11 on another SSD: I currently use Windows 10 Pro with a digital license and I'd like to buy another SSD for my PC and install Windows 11 on it. When do this, I guess the digital license will activate Windows 11 Pro too on the new SSD. If I now swap the SSDs and decide to use Windows 10 again,...
  4. Windows 10 Pro's digital license for activating Windows 11 on another SSD

Windows 10 Pro's digital license for activating Windows 11 on another SSD: I currently use Windows 10 Pro with a digital license and I'd like to buy another SSD for my PC and install Windows 11 on it. When do this, I guess the digital license will activate Windows 11 Pro too on the new SSD. If I now swap the SSDs and decide to use Windows 10 again,...
  5. Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD: Hello, I'm in the process of migrating from a standard SATA drive to an SSD. I'll being using the SSD as my primary boot drive. And I'm wanting to install a fresh copy of Win10.I'm pretty certain I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and don't believe I have a product key - just the...
  6. Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD

Activating a Windows 10 digital license - SATA drive to SSD: Hello, I'm in the process of migrating from a standard SATA drive to an SSD. I'll being using the SSD as my primary boot drive. And I'm wanting to install a fresh copy of Win10.I'm pretty certain I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and don't believe I have a product key - just the...
  7. Windows 10 activation "windows is activated with digital license"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation "windows is activated with digital license": Last time i installed windows it was Xp, but i built "new" desktop and installed windows 10. It says "windows is avtivated with digital license". Now i read this happens if you have windows license connected to microsoft account. But i have not connected my windows to...
  8. Windows 10 Digital License Activation

Windows 10 Digital License Activation: So i have assigned a digital license on my Microsoft 365 account and logged in using the account on my Windows 10 users, still i have a trial period count down. Please help....
  9. Digital License not activating Windows 10

Digital License not activating Windows 10: I've recently built a new PC and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on it. I've reinstalled my Windows on several PCs before and it's never been an issue, it's always activated itself. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account, and I am logged in on this PC...
  10. Windows 10 Digital license Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license Activation: I recently upgraded my pc New Mother board and CPU at tech shop. I had an old SSD in the PC from an old laptop that was given to me. SSD had a copy of Win 10 on it. I only used it as a data storage device. Not the main HDD Tech Shop set up SSD as Main Boot disk. I have...