Windows 10: Activating a Windows 10 Home product key, with an Unactivated Pro version installed.

Discus and support Activating a Windows 10 Home product key, with an Unactivated Pro version installed. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I currently have Windows 10 Pro when i worked with my last company installed. It has since deactivated after some hardware changes. I just bought a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tinf0il, Mar 16, 2020.

1. tinf0il Win User

Activating a Windows 10 Home product key, with an Unactivated Pro version installed.

I currently have Windows 10 Pro when i worked with my last company installed. It has since deactivated after some hardware changes. I just bought a digital copy of windows 10 Home for a way to activate it. I've attempted to use the media installation tool for downloading Home, yet it always says I'm using Pro. I've tried the method of changing the file names with "regedit" but it hasn't changed anything. I understand there needs to be a reinstallion done to go down from Pro to Home, i'm just unsure of the method.

:)

tinf0il, Mar 16, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 16, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Mar 16, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

Activating a Windows 10 Home product key, with an Unactivated Pro version installed.

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Activating a Windows 10 Home product key, with an Unactivated Pro version installed. - Similar Threads - Activating Home product

2. Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys: What happens to Windows 10 Home Original product key and version after upgrading to Pro ?Can I go back into my original version, Windows 10 Home, which came with my pc ?...
  3. Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys: What happens to Windows 10 Home Original product key and version after upgrading to Pro ?Can I go back into my original version, Windows 10 Home, which came with my pc ?...
  4. Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing My Unactivated Version of Windows from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing My Unactivated Version of Windows from Home to Pro: Hey there. This morning some friends and I installed a new MoBo, CPU, and other hardware into a PC that I'd had for almost a year up until this point. In doing this, we were able to boot on the 2nd try. We kept the original HDD and installed a new SSD via SATA. When...
  6. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...
  7. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  8. Activation of Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro product key

Activation of Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro product key: Dear All, I was wondering is someone could help me with the following problem: I am using Windows 10 on my Mac through Parallels Desktop Pro. Some time ago I purchased Windows 10 Pro, and I have an activation key for it. I used it for some time, when for some reason I...
  9. windows 10 home product key activation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 home product key activation: Hi , If I am activating windows product key in my preinstalled windows 10. Is it hamper my application s/w? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-product-key-activation/12c63e34-b7c3-4b25-9fb2-629314bf290a"
  10. windows 10 home activation product key

windows 10 home activation product key: I purchased a windows 10 laptop witha pre-installed lincense for use, and after 3months, its requesting for an activation and i click on activation, it isn"t working and i don't havea product key to activate the windows myself. Thanks in anticipation for your response....