Windows 10: Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer.

Discus and support Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey all, I tried calling customer service on the phone about this issue but I was told it would be 23 hours and 40+ minutes for a call back which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lance R, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Lance R Win User

Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer.

Hey all, I tried calling customer service on the phone about this issue but I was told it would be 23 hours and 40+ minutes for a call back which is ridiculous. I need to test the parts I received as soon and as thorough as I can before the 30 day warranty goes out because it is a lot of money that I don't want wasted if a part is bad.

Anyway, I upgraded my computer but decided to also upgrade my hard drive and just start fresh. I checked my license before I powered down the old computer to see if I'd need another copy of Windows because I remember when I built computers in my teens, you would need a new license if you got an OEM version over a Retail version. So my license said "Digital Retail" so I assumed everything should be good, especially if it didn't see the other "computer" trying to be used at the same time. I also figured that when I signed into my Microsoft account it would automatically pick it up and be good to go. This is not the case, and no matter what I try, I cannot get this to activate. I was going to try the new hardware with the OLD HDD that had the Windows I was just using installed, but my new motherboard will not recognize it as a boot drive... only as an extra drive once I'm in Windows.

Having it plugged in, and my backup drive I was also using, did not help.

Is there any other way of having this work? I believe I had the upgrade from Windows 7 -> 10 so i MAY have the 7's product key, but id assume that wouldn't help. Was I wrong for reading "Digital Retail" as a retail version that could be installed again? That would be very misleading.

Thanks,

Lance R.

:)

Lance R, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 6, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Dec 6, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer. - Similar Threads - Activating Digital Retail

2. How to Upgrade Laptop with windows home OS activated with a digital license to windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Upgrade Laptop with windows home OS activated with a digital license to windows 10...: Hello as the title goes, I'm looking to upgrade my laptop's Windows Home OS, which is currently activated with a digital license, to a Windows 10 Pro OEM license. I've tried reformatting my laptop and installing the OS, but it automatically installs without giving me the...
  3. How to Upgrade Laptop with windows home OS activated with a digital license to windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Upgrade Laptop with windows home OS activated with a digital license to windows 10...: Hello as the title goes, I'm looking to upgrade my laptop's Windows Home OS, which is currently activated with a digital license, to a Windows 10 Pro OEM license. I've tried reformatting my laptop and installing the OS, but it automatically installs without giving me the...
  4. How to Upgrade Laptop with windows home OS activated with a digital license to windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 home activation with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home activation with digital license: I had a genuine windows 7 which was migrated to windows 10 home automatically and linked with Microsoft with digital license. RAM was 2 GB. But recently I had made a change of RAM to 6GB, and inserted 120 GB SSD on CD rom drive by a service centre. The service centre told me...
  6. Activating Windows 10 Home Digital Purchase

Activating Windows 10 Home Digital Purchase: So I bought Windows 10 Home a couple of years ago. I use an iMac and I was trying to run it through bootcamp, but it didn't work at all. Anyway - I have a macbook now that I'm trying to install it on, hoping that maybe I can do some C# and C++ on it... I installed Windows...
  7. Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer.

Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer.: Good morning, I purchased a digital retail version of Win 10 Home from the Microsoft store. I have just built a new computer and am trying to move the digital licence over but there is no activation code. I went through my emails from the time but it was too long ago and...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. How can I upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM in the Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro license from another PC? I don't use the old PC (own build)...
  9. Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer

Windows 10 Pro retail activation on a new computer: Hi,I'm receiving an error 0xc004c003 when trying to activate my Windows 10 Pro retail license on my new computer. My old computer is formatted so the license should no longer be active....
  10. Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Digital License upgrade.: So im trying to upgrade my windows 10 home edition, wich i got via the free upgrade period a couple years back. I upgraded from Windows 7. However, im aware that i now have a digital license, so everytime im trying to change my Product key to my newly bought Windows 10 pro...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rss