Windows 10: Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

Discus and support Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Intel i7-4510U based laptop that I use to encode 4K videos on over night . According to specs this thing CPU can operate at 2.0 GHz as base... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

I have an Intel i7-4510U based laptop that I use to encode 4K videos on over night .

According to specs this thing CPU can operate at 2.0 GHz as base speed and 3.1 GHz as max turbo speed .

If I game on this laptop , monitoring utilities shows the CPU to be working at 2.8 GHz constantly and for long hours without tiring .

However when I set it to encode videos it sustain base speed of 2.0 GHz the entire time of encoding .

Now I am wondering how to get to control the Intel Turbo Boost so to have it boosting the CPU to as fast as it gets through out the encoding process too , any suggestions will be appreciated .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 26, 2020
  2. mgwhitt Win User

BSOD intel turbo boost

why does my pc Bsod with intel turbo boost enabled in bios? its 100 percent the culprit!

mgwhitt, Mar 26, 2020
  3. TedN91740 Win User
    Intel Turbo Boost stays on after startup on the desktop

Hi Ann

I uninstalled, restarted, and then reinstalled the Intel Turbo Boost 3.0 app.

I restarted the PC and the app didn't "splash onto the screen and then disappear. It continued to display until I closed it.

After closing it the app was still enabled and running in the background.

I'm open to more suggestions.

Ted

TedN91740, Mar 26, 2020
  4. TedN91740 Win User

Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

Intel Turbo Boost stays on after startup on the desktop

Hi MC

You just disabled it. I have four apps that I have programmed into my Turbo Boost.

The Turbo Boost actually works well. The apps I have programmed into it run faster because of the Turbo Boost.

Because you disable it I don't think I could manually start it to run my apps. It is past 3 AM and I'm too tired to try.

And if I could manually start it I would be staring at the Turbo App until I manually click the close button. That is why we are all here to stop having to click on the close button either right after your PC starts up or if you can manually start it if
    as in your case you have disabled it.

What we need is a smart Intel Guy to figure out how the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update is fouling up Intel's Turbo Boost app.

TedN91740, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

1. Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ? - Similar Threads - Activating Intel Turbo

2. BSOD intel turbo boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intel turbo boost: why does my pc Bsod with intel turbo boost enabled in bios? its 100 percent the culprit! 149006
  3. Automatically change turbo boost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically change turbo boost: Is there any way to change turbo boost automatically depending on if certain programs are running or not, I've used ThrottleStop but don't want to have to turn it on/off manually all the time depending on what I want to do. Would this affect performance significantly...
  4. Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00243 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0...
  5. Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing: hi,so i have discovered this problem while i was playing game and what it does is when my cpu utilization reaches 100% the speed of the processor gets limited to its base speed which in my case is 2.4GHz And when the cpu utilization is low(idle or doing some normal stuff...
  6. How do I stop or permanently erase Intel Turbo Boost driver/program?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop or permanently erase Intel Turbo Boost driver/program?: Greetings, This is one of those programs for the x99 and x299 Intel CPUs that isn't installed initially during a fresh install but is added by Windows 10 after a few reboots. I know how I can disable it via a BIOS setting. I also know if it is installed I can end the...
  7. How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you prevent Intel Turbo Boost from EVER being installed?: Greetings, This is one of those programs for the x99 and x299 Intel CPUs that isn't installed initially during a fresh install but is added by Windows 10 after a few reboots. I know how I can disable it via a BIOS setting. I also know if it is installed I can end the...
  8. sudden demand for activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sudden demand for activation: Greetings I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (bought in Microsoft store) to Windows 10 Pro two years ago, on July 18 2016. This was almost the last moment for free upgrade. Everything was OK until last updates: KB4465663 & KB4467702 defined as security updates. Updates came...
  9. sudden demand for activation

sudden demand for activation: Greetings I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (bought in Microsoft store) to Windows 10 Pro two years ago, on July 18 2016. This was almost the last moment for free upgrade. Everything was OK until last updates: KB4465663 & KB4467702 defined as security updates. Updates came...
  10. Is Automatic Download, but On Demand Update, possible?

Is Automatic Download, but On Demand Update, possible?: I am a well educated, but not particularly tech savvy, PC user of many years, but have been frustrated with Windows update issues for some time now, in respect of which I have looked at this forum for a solution, but been unable to find one. Whenever I receive updates, the...