Windows 10: Activating license on a different PC

Discus and support Activating license on a different PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, As I am moving from my older device to a newer one, I would like to ask, if it is possible to activate my Windows 10 Home license key which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BarkingNutria40, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Activating license on a different PC

Hello,

As I am moving from my older device to a newer one, I would like to ask, if it is possible to activate my Windows 10 Home license key which is connected to my microsoft account on a different computer. Is it also possible to activate it on a different device without having to use the microsoft account? And can I avoid having all the unwanted apps such as candy crush, xbox, mini games and etc. installed on the new device?

Thanks in advance

:)

BarkingNutria40, Mar 2, 2020

2. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Finally got it activated but still confused as to what is really going on with activation.

here is what I did:

-got another Win7 Pro key from a friend (non volume license one)
    -I tried to activate it, but it gave the same error message as before, "could not activate with this key"
    -following suggestion above, I tried it a second time. This time it activated !!! (internet was connected both times)

don't know why just doing it 2 times makes it work. maybe someone else can explain that.

I checked it with ShowkeyPlus and to my surprise it now said it was activated and showed the installed key as the generic Win10Pro key that is listed in above post. But I did not enter that key. ????

tikicarver, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Your Windows license expires on...

Hi Hayurin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check which version of Windows is activated.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings.

• Click on update and recovery.

• Click on Activation.

• And check which version of Windows is activated.

If it shows as insider preview then i suggest you to contact Microsoft Phone support as they have the right resources to activate windows 10.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 2, 2020
  4. renz496 Win User

Activating license on a different PC

Intel Could License AMD Radeon iGPU Tech for Future Processors

personally i think this is no different than what nvidia and intel doing right now with their current cross licensing deal. intel have been licensing nvidia IP for years and yet their gpu did not work like nvidia gpu at all. in another forum i see one of intel graphic engineer talking about the deal with nvidia is more about letting intel develop their own gpu without illegally stepping into nvidia existing IP and not about integrating nvidia tech into their gpu.

though what kyle been suggesting is something quite different. he said it is not a simply licensing it is more like intel want the entire RTG for themselves. means no more AMD radeon. but intel radeon instead.

renz496, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Activating license on a different PC

1. Activating license on a different PC - Similar Threads - Activating license different

2. License and activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License and activation: I purchased a computer at a Restore. I formatted the hard drive to erase the existing data, now it requires activation. Since the computer was donated to the Restore from a college, I do not have access to an activation code. HELP!...
  3. Activation License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation License: I have Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I downloaded and installed it free from Microsoft, several years ago nowMy Activation screen says the Windows 10 is activated using your organization's activation service..............I am getting 'Windows license will expire soon'...
  4. Licensing and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing and activation: I recently bought new windows laptop with genuine version of windows , but because of some issue I reinstall the windows and now it is giving me notification to upgrade my window and 1 month of activation remaining and showing me volume licensing in setting. What should I...
  5. Free upgraded PC activation and license

Free upgraded PC activation and license: I have a old pc that I upgraded to windows 10 during free upgrade period. If I give my pc to a friend or family member, will the windows 10 license still be valid as it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account?...
  6. Activating windows 10 with digital license on different hardware

Activating windows 10 with digital license on different hardware: Hi all, I have a new PC built, and I am trying to activate windows 10 Pro using the digital license from my old Laptop. My laptop had Windows 10 Home OEM, and I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows Store. I tried contacting Microsoft Support by phone 3 times on...
  7. Changing windows license to a different PC

Changing windows license to a different PC: Hi, I have a desktop that had windows 10 pro on it, I installed another os alongside it but i chose the wrong partition and it deleted windows, I now would like to have that license to use on another computer as i have tried this before and couldnt do it, it doesnt let me...
  8. Licensing and activation

Licensing and activation: What is the difference between the OEM key, volume key, retail key, digital licenced key and activation code key, and can I re-use the same key multiple times in the same pc after re- formatting, if so which one is best ?...
  9. licensing activation

licensing activation: keep receiving error Ox80070781 which means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licensing-activation/c797eee8-4ecd-4c80-84b7-236b62a2718a"
  10. Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC: Im currently building my new PC and couldnt find a definitive answer to my question: Can I use my current Harddrive in my new PC and still use Windows because of my Microsoft Account or do I have to purchase a new license for the new PC?...