Windows 10: Activating new SSD with the old license

Discus and support Activating new SSD with the old license in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bogdan7200, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Activating new SSD with the old license

Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i upgraded to win 11. My license is : OEM_COA_NSLP channel.Can i copy the license?

:)

Bogdan7200, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Jguo65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Jan 29, 2023
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Jan 29, 2023
  4. VishwasBP Win User

Activating new SSD with the old license

Activating Windows 10 on new SSD

Hi there

I have the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version with an OEM license activated on my laptop. I would like to replace my HDD with an SSD. I would like to understand how to activate the license on the new SSD. Please note that i would prefer to do a fresh install
    of the OS rather than cloning my HDD to SSD. Would the license be activated automatically or would there be any other steps involved. Please note that i would
    not be changing the motherboard, just the hard drive. Thanks in advance for your help and support.

VishwasBP, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Activating new SSD with the old license

1. Activating new SSD with the old license - Similar Threads - Activating SSD old

2. Activation with new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation with new SSD: If I previously installed win 10 home and had a digital license if I installed win 10 home single language would it still activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-with-new-ssd/170cdbc2-7414-46bb-b14f-db044a07e8e1
  3. Activation with new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation with new SSD: If I previously installed win 10 home and had a digital license if I installed win 10 home single language would it still activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-with-new-ssd/170cdbc2-7414-46bb-b14f-db044a07e8e1
  4. Activation with new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer: I built a new computer, downloaded windows 11 from microsoft website, created a bootable usb, installed windows 11 home n.I go to activate it says error 0xC004F213I tried to activate using my windows 10 home license previous computer. I did the troubleshoot thing, selected I...
  6. Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate old and new license on new windows 11 computer: I built a new computer, downloaded windows 11 from microsoft website, created a bootable usb, installed windows 11 home n.I go to activate it says error 0xC004F213I tried to activate using my windows 10 home license previous computer. I did the troubleshoot thing, selected I...
  7. Activating new SSD with the old license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating new SSD with the old license: Hi! I have Windows 11 and i want to switch to a new ssd. I dont want to copy anityng from the old ssd exept the license. A year ago i had win 10 and i upgraded to win 11. My license is : OEM_COA_NSLP channel.Can i copy the license?...
  8. Moving OS to a new SSD Activation if old drive is disconnected

Moving OS to a new SSD Activation if old drive is disconnected: According to the following post, I should be able to use the media creation tool and skip activation and get a newly activated license on a different drive:...
  9. Old SSD to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old SSD to new computer: I have an old SSD that I would like to install and use on a new computer that already has one SSD and on HD. Windows is installed on the new computer on the SSD. However, windows was also installed on the old SSD I would like to move to the new computer. When I hook up the...
  10. Couldn't re-activate with new motherboard and old SSD

Couldn't re-activate with new motherboard and old SSD: HI there, Recently I upgraded my PC with new motherboard, new CPU and new RAM. I plugged back my old SSD to the new motherboard. However, when I logged into the Windows (it is win10 pro, offer from win7 free upgrade). The activation of windows became invalid and keep...