Windows 10: Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go

Discus and support Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, Good day! I'm quite new here, so please bear with me. Recently, my mom gifted me a Surface Laptop Go8gb/128gb. She tried using it for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HbCatimbang, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go

Hi guys,

Good day!

I'm quite new here, so please bear with me. Recently, my mom gifted me a Surface Laptop Go8gb/128gb. She tried using it for a few months yet she figured it was too complicated for her usage. She used her own e-mail address for her microsoft account. Moving on, I got this new device a few days back, I figured I would like to personalize it and decided to Reset the PC.

Unfortunately, the pre-installed windows couldn't be activated. Has anyone experienced the same? Was the pre-installed windows product key linked to her microsoft account? What could I do best to have it activated? By the way, mom bought it in the US and I'm living in the Philippines. I just don't know what to do. Please help? :

:)

HbCatimbang, Mar 17, 2021
  2. BillKuntz Win User

Initial Activation of Windows 10 on Surface Laptop

I just activated pre-installed Windows 10 Home on a new Surface Laptop 2. I want to rename the User folder assigned by the initial setup. Setup assigned the first few letters of my Microsoft account (C:\Users\vwxyz). I want to use a different
    name for this User folder, but the rename option does not appear in the right-click menu for this folder. Any suggestions? Is there a way to cancel the activation and start over?

BillKuntz, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go

1. Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go - Similar Threads - Activating pre installed

2. Drivers needed for Windows 10 installation on Surface Laptop Go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers needed for Windows 10 installation on Surface Laptop Go: Hey,I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my blank Surface Laptop Go. When inserting a USB drive with the ISO on it and getting into the installer, it, unfortunately, immediately asks for drivers, without which I cannot continue. I downloaded...
  3. Drivers needed for Windows 10 installation on Surface Laptop Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers needed for Windows 10 installation on Surface Laptop Go: Hey,I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my blank Surface Laptop Go. When inserting a USB drive with the ISO on it and getting into the installer, it, unfortunately, immediately asks for drivers, without which I cannot continue. I downloaded...
  4. Drivers needed for Windows 10 installation on Surface Laptop Go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 is now asking to activate: I bought my laptop online which had pre-installed genuine windows 10. It worked well for a few months but after that, it started showing "please activate your windows". I realize that I have a digital license and it should be activated automatically but it's not detecting no...
  6. pre installed windows 10 activation

pre installed windows 10 activation: I have been facing a problem regarding windows 10 activation i haven't got any activation key with my laptop as it has pre installed microsoft windows 10 home and office, when i open any windows app like word and after going in settings there always comming a popup that...
  7. Windows activation on surface go

Windows activation on surface go: my surface go display the message to "activate Windows". what should I do to activate Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-on-surface-go/30f7a9a7-b103-498e-9650-f4ae75d3c3ee
  8. Activate a pre-installed Windows 10

Activate a pre-installed Windows 10: Hello, I have bought a new laptop Acer Aspire 5, which running by Windows 10 S. When I open the settings page it shows the following message; YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS BEFORE YOU CAN PERSONLISE YOUR PC. How I can find the activation key? Thank you very much for...
  9. Windows pre-install on my asus laptop not activated

Windows pre-install on my asus laptop not activated: lately , i'm having a problem with my windows license , even though my windows was pre-install to my laptop asus x541u but it says that the license will expire soon , i've tried a solution of typing slmgr -rearm in cmd , the message is not showing anymore but when i go to...
  10. Surface Go Windows 10 Activation Key

Surface Go Windows 10 Activation Key: Hi there, I just bought a Surface Go sold by Microsoft from Amazon. I set it up and used my school account to use Windows Office products. However, I am unable to find an activation key for Windows 10. I'd like to get out of S-mode but this is impossible without an...