Windows 10: Activating preloaded Windows on Costco Dell laptop

Discus and support Activating preloaded Windows on Costco Dell laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My costco Dell laptop is running Windows 10 Pro and will not activate because it is supposed to be running Windows 10 Home. This laptop came preloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JeffMelnick, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Activating preloaded Windows on Costco Dell laptop

My costco Dell laptop is running Windows 10 Pro and will not activate because it is supposed to be running Windows 10 Home. This laptop came preloaded with this version of Windows, can this be fixed by removing the current version and installing the home version. Can this also be completed without going through either Costco or Dell? Thank you

:)

JeffMelnick, Nov 22, 2020
  2. MickeyCT Win User

Activate Windows watermark will not go away

Jay:

Computer is a Dell XPS Laptop, XPS-15 9570 running Windows 10 Home edition. It was purchased brand new through Costco. Costco's tech support was no help and neither was Dell. Both suggested I contact Microsoft.

Mickey

MickeyCT, Nov 22, 2020
  3. CraigLong Win User
    Activate Windows watermark will not go away

Dell used to give free in home warranty service. Not sure if they still do that. I'm not sure about laptops.

Won't Costco will take back defective laptops? If not it's certainly under warranty. Really, if Dell warranty service can't fix this issue then get your money back.

CraigLong, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Activating preloaded Windows on Costco Dell laptop

Windows 10 not activated in Dell laptop

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type slui 4 and hit enter.
    • Select the Country or Region.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Activating preloaded Windows on Costco Dell laptop

1. Activating preloaded Windows on Costco Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Activating preloaded Costco

2. I bough this system from Costco. I thought Costco sold me LEMON. Well. No only Costco...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bough this system from Costco. I thought Costco sold me LEMON. Well. No only Costco...: JUST SEND A FIX FOR THE AUDIO SYSTEM!THAT WOULD BE NICE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bough-this-system-from-costco-i-thought-costco/24b5d4ad-3110-4074-bd29-5468f3a31062
  3. I bough this system from Costco. I thought Costco sold me LEMON. Well. No only Costco...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bough this system from Costco. I thought Costco sold me LEMON. Well. No only Costco...: JUST SEND A FIX FOR THE AUDIO SYSTEM!THAT WOULD BE NICE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bough-this-system-from-costco-i-thought-costco/24b5d4ad-3110-4074-bd29-5468f3a31062
  4. Dell laptop not sleeping - what is DHCPv6ReSolicit activator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop not sleeping - what is DHCPv6ReSolicit activator?: I am having problems with my Dell laptop not sleeping. It is running Windows 11 22000.466. I ran SleepStudy a few times recently and a top offender is DHCPv6ReSolicit. I tried googling this term and it brings back near zero results. Any suggestions where to go from here?Of...
  5. Preloaded Windows 10 Activation Key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Preloaded Windows 10 Activation Key.: I am a Student. I Brought a secondhand laptop where a Preloaded WINDOWS 10 PRO was going to Expire after 30 days. If its expire then how I Reactivate it. [ATTACH]...
  6. Is there a way to reinstall windows on a preloaded windows laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to reinstall windows on a preloaded windows laptop?: My laptop had been having some weird errors and I think it’s the way windows was installed. is there a way to delete windows and install it even if it came preloaded? It’s an ASUS a410 vivobook submitted by /u/fefe06y [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop preload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop preload: Hi there! On Windows 10, after a reboot the desktop loads all the programs before I enter my login PIN. Is there a way to do this after a Power On? (without using startup scripts) submitted by /u/Pascaleiro [link] [comments]...
  8. Microsoft Edge Preloadings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Preloadings: I have windows 10 home edition, I understand that gpedit is not available on this version. CCleaner says it cannot clean "sessions" due to the preloading settings of Edge. I want to clear this so it can. I was directed to gpedit, then to the registry...
  9. Windows 10 preloaded

Windows 10 preloaded: Hi, so i bought a laptop from a guy , i understood that it has windows 10 already preloaded on it so i don t need a cd or usb , it s a lenovo t420 , but the guy pulled the hdd out of the laptop to keep it , now i m confused like how to activate windows from bios (if i have...
  10. Problems with activation on new dell laptop

Problems with activation on new dell laptop: Bought a new dell inspiron laptop came with window 10 home tried to format it and place windows 10 pro in its place but the thing keeps bring up the windows 10 home with the same key . must be in the bios, How can I use my new key to get windows 10 pro installed ? ive tried...