Windows 10: Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device

Discus and support Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a mini desktop PC that I would like to re-purpose for display use at work. To sign in with a work account, I needed to have Win 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Capital_Release, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device

I have a mini desktop PC that I would like to re-purpose for display use at work. To sign in with a work account, I needed to have Win 10 Pro installed, so I used the generic upgrade key from Microsoft to force installation of Windows 10 Pro on the device which originally has a Windows 10 Home license embedded in the BIOS.

Because of this, the device won't activate with a genuine license, even though it has been enrolled with an Azure AD account with access to Windows 10 licences. Is there any way to "force" Windows 10 to activate the pro version / bypass the embedded license without purchasing a separate key?

submitted by /u/Capital_Release
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Capital_Release, Sep 10, 2020

2. moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Activation W10

I have W10 Pro installed ver.1607, OS build 14393.1358 and a product ID 00331-xxxxx-xxxxx-AA350. Originally as an upgrade from W7

I am getting a message to Activate Windows - go to settings. In Activation states "cannot activate .. because cannot connect to activation server Error code 0xC004F074. Connection to internet is normal. Clicked learned more and then tried Troubleshoot. =
    ""found W10 home digital licence for this device running W10 Pro. To activativate using digital key you need to install W10 home. "

Tried Learn more but do not know what to do next.

Help please

I thought I had fully functional ver. of Pro and until activation message appeared recently. Everything appears to be as normal except the message. Now I do not know what I have got. Can I get back to Pro, particularly without a massive reinstallation process?

Terence Green, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Vayra86 Win User

Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device

W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device

1. Activating W10 Pro with a digital license on a W10 Home embedded device - Similar Threads - Activating W10 Pro

2. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost W10 Pro License: I need to reclaim my Windows 10 Professional License. I replaced the hard dirve in my PC and installed the OS to a new Solid State drive, but it loaded as Windows 10 Home. When I originally purchase the Windows 10 Professional for this machine it was an online download and I...
  3. Lost W10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost W10 Pro License: I need to reclaim my Windows 10 Professional License. I replaced the hard dirve in my PC and installed the OS to a new Solid State drive, but it loaded as Windows 10 Home. When I originally purchase the Windows 10 Professional for this machine it was an online download and I...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  5. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  6. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home: Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting...
  8. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  9. W10 digital license on 2 computers: one with Home and one with Pro. Moving Home SSD to Pro...

W10 digital license on 2 computers: one with Home and one with Pro. Moving Home SSD to Pro...: Hi all, So I tried to summarise everything into the subject but just in case it's not clear I expand upon my question below: I have recently removed an SSD from an old computer. The SSD has Windows 10 Home installed on it, with a digital license attached to that old...
  10. RE: what is the cheapest way to purchase w10 home & w10 pro licenses

RE: what is the cheapest way to purchase w10 home & w10 pro licenses: hi, i am in the process of starting a small business, "my first." One of the services i will provide is 24/7 technical support, australia wide for all windows based pc's. I will provide over the phone & visit you options for all my potential clients.' "I am really surprised...