Windows 10: Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

Discus and support Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I changed out a broken display panel and switched from a bad HD to a new SSD and when I installed 1803 it installed as Home and not Pro. The device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John C Hannigan, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

I changed out a broken display panel and switched from a bad HD to a new SSD and when I installed 1803 it installed as Home and not Pro. The device appears on my account as Pro, but now I am downgraded.

How can I resolve this to get back to the Win10 Pro version?

:)

John C Hannigan, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Hodakiin Win User

Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Toothless Win User
    Win10 updates

It took me forever to get used to 8.1 after being with 7 and I really don't care for DX12 since it's a POS right now. If Win10+DX12 kicked in instantly with my SLI then I'd be on the bandwagon but it's not worth it imho since there's really nothing I need in Win10.

Also my mother's laptop has Win10 and that right there has so much sh*t wrong with it and the poor thing is used for word processing and printing stuff.

Toothless, Sep 18, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

1. Activating Win 10 after hardware change - downgraded from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home - Similar Threads - Activating hardware change

2. win10 pro to win 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 pro to win 10 home: Hello, I currently have Win pro set up as my OS, but my key is only good for home. how to I revert to home without losing my key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win-10-home/520ebf22-92c5-4c37-b708-c48a78251cd4
  3. Win10 Activation Failure After Hardware Change

Win10 Activation Failure After Hardware Change: At the start of the new year I upgraded my PC. At that time I had to deal with other activation issues, eventually solved by Microsoft support services generating a new product key for me. I thought that would solve things for good, and after my new motherboard suddenly...
  4. Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro

Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro: So a few days ago I wanted to add my new windows 10 home to a domain, but bummer for me Microsoft finds that to be a "pro" feature now so I bought the upgrade. I installed it and activated it, no problems, all was working perfectly. But a day later I also thought it was time...
  5. Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home, backup effect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home, backup effect: I plan to downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home for personal reasons and will be doing a system image backup. My question is since its a full backup of system, will the downgrade from Pro to Home affect anything? Majority of the programs and bulk of storage is in HDD...
  6. Win10 Activation after (complete) hardware change

Win10 Activation after (complete) hardware change: Hi there, after a total hardware change I'm sadly unable to activate my Win10 retail key. Before the hardware change I deactivated the key using "slmgr -upk" which gave me the "key uninstalled successfully" box. However, seems that wasn't enough. I'm simply unable to...
  7. re activating Win10 pro after hardware change

re activating Win10 pro after hardware change: Hi, I need to change my motherboard soon as it is showing failures, so I will be buying a new one with CPU and Memory and I wonder if it is possible to reactivate windows without a Microsoft account as I only have a local account ? I do have a valid activation key because I...
  8. WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home

WIN10 Pro unable to activate to WIN Home: The Activation Wizard tells me I have a Windows Pro but I am unable to achieve change to Windows Home. I have tried at least ten times but always finish as Windows Pro. The Activation Program has also advised that I have an electric product key. I don't know how to find it....
  9. Activation win10 after hardware change

Activation win10 after hardware change: Hello everyone, I've recetly change some of my hardware (motherboard, CPU and RAM) and when i started pc i could not active windows again. Error code that i have is 0xC004C003. On my previus computer was (before hardware upgrade) OEM and now it is something else. I can...
  10. Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home: Hi all, Just some kind of confirmation/affirmation to be honest here. I have recently acquired a Surface Pro 3 (i5-256GB model), had Win8, promptly upgraded to Win10. However after playing a while I found a few of the 'Pro' features an... annoyance... and nothing I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i installed a new ssd my pc downgraded to windows 8

2. win10 pro activating win10 pro

3. win 7 to win 10 hardware change

4. win10 downgraded to home after upgrade,
  5. windows 10 changed drive downgraded?,
  6. my windows got downgraded to home after hardware change